Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Reason Trump is Intent on Reversing Everything Obama Did
One Reason Trump is Intent on Reversing Everything Obama Did
It's part of his game. Can't you see it?

When Obama first took office, Bush had bequeath to him a multi trillion dollar deficit. Everybody said, no Bush is gone. It's on you now. This
is your deficit.

By keeping attention on Obama, Trump is keeping attention away from his own inability to make a significant dent in Bush's fiasco.

At least Obama could say that Congress fought against his success. Trump and Congress are the same party, yet he's still screwing up. He needs a scapegoat, and Obama is still his fall guy.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: One Reason Trump is Intent on Reversing Everything Obama Did
Huh, that does seem right too. But I wonder if Trump would ever have accepted the deprivation of the office had it not been for his humiliation at that damned press dinner. We all know his pettiness is what motivates him.
He ran on that as a platform and was elected by people expecting him to do it. I could see deplorables circling the White House holding pitchforks and torches if Trump suddenly expressed a desire to fellate the Obama legacy.

And since so much of the Obama legacy was implemented via executive fiat instead of enacting legislation (BTW, Obama was a senator from Illinois at one time, so it's not like any of this was a unknown to him) it is within Trumps limited skill set to undo so much of it exactly the same way it was gestated.

Additionally, IIRC, it was the 2011 National Press Club banquet where Obama skewered Trump with some zingers and it doesn't take too much acumen to read Trump's expression while it was happening and conclude then and there Trump decided to run and undo as much Obama-ism as possible if he won. I know it sounds petty and grudgy, but I don't know of anyone who has ever claimed the Donald ISN'T petty and grudgy.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

You're over-analyzing.  Trump hates blacks.

End of story.
(October 30, 2017 at 7:53 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: He ran on that as a platform and was elected by people expecting him to do it. I could see deplorables circling the White House holding pitchforks and torches if Trump suddenly expressed a desire to fellate the Obama legacy.

And since so  much of the Obama legacy was implemented via executive fiat instead of enacting legislation (BTW, Obama was a senator from Illinois at one time, so it's not like any of this was a unknown to him) it is within Trumps limited skill set to undo so much of it exactly the same way it was gestated.

Additionally, IIRC, it was the 2011 National Press Club banquet where Obama skewered Trump with some zingers and it doesn't take too much acumen to read Trump's expression while it was happening and conclude then and there Trump decided to run and undo as much Obama-ism as possible if he won.  I know it sounds petty and grudgy, but I don't know of anyone who has ever claimed the Donald ISN'T petty and grudgy.
Ah, a personal grudge. I've read his book The Art of the Comeback and know from his own mouth that he is the kind of person who would use a national office to do that.

It seems petty to us because the POTUS is such an important office. But for a billionaire like Trump, it's just a tool for his use.

(October 30, 2017 at 8:37 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You're over-analyzing.  Trump hates blacks.

End of story.

I try not to reduce everything to that kind of nonthinking. It's no different from saying "God did it."
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

--Voltaire

(October 30, 2017 at 7:37 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: It's part of his game. Can't you see it?

When Obama first took office, Bush had bequeath to him a multi trillion dollar deficit. Everybody said, no Bush is gone. It's on you now. This
is your deficit.

By keeping attention on Obama, Trump is keeping attention away from his own inability to make a significant dent in Bush's fiasco.

At least Obama could say that Congress fought against his success. Trump and Congress are the same party, yet he's still screwing up. He needs a scapegoat, and Obama is still his fall guy.

Oh it is way more simple than that. 45 is a egotistical selfish asshole. Daddy mentally abused him at a minimum and taught him to win at all costs no matter whom it hurt.

45 was damaged goods from his childhood. This is nothing short of narcissistic spite.
45 is as sharp as a bowling ball.

Check it out. He's now all the sudden demanding the justice depart investigate Hillary. It's such a transparent effort to deflect the d.o.j. from investigating his involvement with Russia. He must think everybody in the world is crazy but him.

--Voltaire

Look out !!

Elizabeth Warren might concur with that !!

It would be the second time today they agreed on something.

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 3, 2017 at 5:32 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: 45 is as sharp as a bowling ball.

Check it out. He's now all the sudden demanding the justice depart investigate Hillary. It's such a transparent effort to deflect the d.o.j. from investigating his involvement with Russia.  He must think everybody in the world is crazy but him.

I think, at least hope, that there's plenty of DOJ to go around. 

If not there is always the H-1B visa program.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 3, 2017 at 6:08 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(November 3, 2017 at 5:32 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: 45 is as sharp as a bowling ball.

Check it out. He's now all the sudden demanding the justice depart investigate Hillary. It's such a transparent effort to deflect the d.o.j. from investigating his involvement with Russia.  He must think everybody in the world is crazy but him.

I think, at least hope, that there's plenty of DOJ to go around. 

If not there is always the H-1B visa program.

And let's hope there people in the DOJ that 45 can neither buy or threaten. He will fall like all the megalomaniacs who came before him. The law of gravity demands this.

--Voltaire

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1305 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why is it so hard to reason with pro-lifers? Dingo 32 2213 October 12, 2020 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Dingo
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1059 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1538 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Michelle Obama Crushes It BrianSoddingBoru4 32 1561 August 19, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Obama Eulogizes Elijah Cummings AFTT47 2 564 October 26, 2019 at 3:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump did a good thing by humiliating Saudi Arabia WinterHold 24 4045 July 1, 2019 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Trump's Wall (A momentary lapse of reason) sammiedee 23 1659 June 26, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Trump and the One Percent... Rev. Rye 53 3493 May 14, 2019 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  War is nonsense and manipulation and there is no reason to fight? Interaktive 47 3303 March 31, 2019 at 9:41 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger