Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 7:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk about life.
Let's talk about life.
Describe life in one word. Or one sentence. Or one paragraph. Or once post. Your choice. But this thread's purpose is to describe life.

And that's life for you. We don't speak for anyone else.

After doing one post describing life, feel free to later revisit this thread to describe life some more. Since we will never truly reach one objectively accurate description of the true subjectivity of life . . . especially not one that is fully comprehensive.

For me, right now, life feels complicated but is simple. And for me to be alive in life is to self-spectate.

It's like . . . being in a virtual reality. Where you have the controller. But the controller is controlled all by itself. And yet you can still feel it. And feel yourself at one with the controller. And you lose sense of whether you or the controller is in control, and if it even makes any sense to distinguish between the two.

For me, life is like physically feeling participation but experiencing spectating. It's like living life as a spectator rather than a participant but still feeling things that hit or touch you.

And it's like living life vicariously through others . . . and seeing yourself as another 'other' to live through. Yourself no more valid . . . and the only valid difference is you can only sense your own pain and pleasure because even empathy is only felt in your own mind and body. Besides pain and pleasure, and anxiety and desire, you don't feel real. Like, at all.

That's what life is like for me right now.
RE: Let's talk about life.
Mehhh.

I had to add two more H's to make it long enough.
Kev! Sim entity known as Hammy is having emotional alignment issues. Please scan for corruption or viruses...
Ta.

PS, Kev, btw, that big donger you upgraded me with is working out nicely! The money's on the fridge...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
My donger is big enough Tongue As is my brain Tongue

It's my normality-levels that need an increase Tongue

A relevant rehash,

Life to me:

I neither wish to live *nor die* most of the time. Occasionally I enjoy myself but even then I feel empty and as though my life is not ever going to go anywhere because it's not like I even have any desirable goals I wish to achieve or if there's even anything I'd want to buy or invest in if I won the jackpot lottery. Nor can I give myself credit for any failures or successes as there is no free will. I wish to have better relationships and closer friendships with people but for those things to be truly meaningful they have to be mutual. So it's not something I myself can cause. And then atop of all this there's the fact I'm an epiphenomenalist so no amount of thinking or deciding or planning will in fact cause a better life for myself because ultimately it's my unconscious brain functions that trigger my conscious deliberations. So I just have to *hope* to have better ideas, decisions, deliberations and have to *hope* to follow through and become better motivated, somehow, someday, goodness willing. My life really feels like spectating myself, really, utterly powerless, out of control, chaotic and empty, but not chaotic in any sort of necessary destructive way. Mostly just a stagnant way. But most of the time too neutral to be depressing but still too neutral to be worthwhile.

I've had a few crystallized great moments in my life. And that's what really gives my life meaning. It's quality, not quantity. I hope to someday come into contact with more beautiful moments. However brief they are. I both crave and fear acuteness more than I crave or fear anything more permanent.

I don't know whether this was poetic or depressing.

I'm not chaotic good, I'm chaotic neutral, and my life is what it is.
'Life is what happens while you're making other plans.' - John Lennon

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Non death.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 2, 2017 at 3:54 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 'Life is what happens while you're making other plans.' - John Lennon

Boru

Ain't that the truth.
"Life is the name of the game, and I want to play the game with you. Life can be terribly tame, if you don't play the game with two. And I want to play the game with you."
-- Monsignor "nice to see yer" Bruce Forsyth
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
How about:

mostly harmless
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I'm for it but only if a woman chooses.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's be different Foxaèr 38 2436 August 17, 2023 at 12:38 am
Last Post: no one
  Let's see your electric car do THIS... onlinebiker 18 1129 November 11, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Let them eat spam! Foxaèr 33 2077 September 13, 2020 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are you going to let him do that? onlinebiker 4 1057 August 22, 2019 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  They let these people breed onlinebiker 17 1418 February 17, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  The queen doesn't half talk some shit Cod 11 2062 December 26, 2018 at 9:28 am
  Let's (re-)watch a series on Netflix together. Mystic 33 3771 October 18, 2018 at 10:17 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  somebody, Please Talk Sense into My Stupid Head. I Think I'm Getting Ready to Fuck Up Rhondazvous 30 2243 September 13, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Let's start some conspiracy theories. Gawdzilla Sama 76 10569 July 13, 2018 at 12:11 pm
  Let me know how much I've upset you or you don't want me here. Foxaèr 34 5932 April 28, 2018 at 5:23 am
Last Post: Little lunch