Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God is not good
God is not good
I'm simply not buying that he is in any way good.

I have read the bible, and this "he's a parent" crap is absolute bull.

I don't have to be a parent to know that one does not state, "behave my child, or I'll set you on fire."  That's what god is saying.

Oh, he's a "supernatural" parent, this god you so revere?

Well, first prove to me this god exists, and then you can emulate him by burning your children as he does.

Oh, "his ways are above our understanding."

That is fucking bullshit.  If you're advocating for the evil that god does, while pretending that he's good, then you are the problem.

Not as great as this thread, I admit.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: God is not good
I fully agree with the generic anti-theism thread that has been made a thousand times before! Where's my kudos? Tongue
(November 2, 2017 at 2:16 am)Hammy Wrote: I fully agree with the generic anti-theism thread that has been made a thousand times before! Where's my kudos? Tongue

You probably responded before I edited and added the link to my better thread.

But this one can still stand on its own; god is not good.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
God is good! Liar liar pants on fire!

I know because he's done nuffin wrong to me...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I agree Iggy. Nonexistence is pretty fucking awesome because it's done nothing wrong to anybody.

A truly good god does not exist. And a truly good god is a god that is nonexistent. Umm I'm trying to get ya to see two sides of the ambivalent statement here Tongue
Let's just be grateful that the arsehole in the bible doesn't actually exist.
If he did, we'd really know about it ...

He'd burn my dinner every night! OK, bad example...

OK, I'd ask for a pony and he'd put a severed pony head in my bed for shits and giggles...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 2, 2017 at 2:55 am)ignoramus Wrote: He'd burn my dinner every night! OK, bad example...

I misread that as "He'd bum my dinner every night".

Probably a better example.
Well, christer god does burst onto the scene by committing a hate crime in a synagogue....I don't know why anyone expected things to go well from there.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
You really ought to watch God On Trial if you haven't already. It's about a hut full of Jews in Auschwitz, half of whom have been selected to die, who decide literally to do as the title says and put God on trial. I understand it's very loosely based on actual events, or inspired by them. I can't express in a transcript the power and the passion of the performances, they are absolutely riveting. It's actually one of the few films that reduce me to tears. However, hopefully the following will give a taste. Please, check it out. It should be required viewing.

Spoilers ahead...

At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Crying on the forum is a waste of time. God(if he exists) made a world where women and children are raped and die from drug abuse. I'm amazed by people who fear hell and preach it, because that Theory beats anything we can even imagine.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The ONLY excuse good enough for God? ronedee 99 8661 June 1, 2015 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Chas
  Christians, Prove Your God Is Good Nope 633 99715 March 23, 2015 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  How would you regard good evidence for a God you don't now believe in? Whateverist 32 8669 January 11, 2015 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Why is God fearing a good thing? Elskidor 32 11235 September 23, 2014 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12335 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  God does not follow the first principle of morality. Why not? Greatest I am 61 26190 October 12, 2012 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Is becoming like God good or evil? Greatest I am 80 37411 July 27, 2012 at 8:28 am
Last Post: Greatest I am
  God loves the evil ones more than the good because he is the greatest sinner. Greatest I am 8 7440 July 15, 2012 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  If God/Jesus does not know sex and reproduction, he is not fit to dictate it’s laws. Greatest I am 9 4785 March 31, 2012 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Greatest I am
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6683 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad