Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No need for evidence
No need for evidence
I think believers don't ask for evidence because crazy people like in those videos exist in different stages of craziness right among us.

RE: No need for evidence
Okay, folks, walk carefully, don't get any of that on your shoes.
(November 3, 2017 at 1:11 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Okay, folks, walk carefully, don't get any of that on your shoes.

I'm not advocating religion. Its just a trump card believers like to use by saying "world is miserable because of the unbelief. I was too before meeting God".
(November 3, 2017 at 1:21 pm)purplepurpose Wrote:
(November 3, 2017 at 1:11 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Okay, folks, walk carefully, don't get any of that on your shoes.

I'm not advocating religion. Its just a trump card believers like to use by saying "world is miserable because of the unbelief. I was too before meeting God".

And why would I want to get that on my shoes?
(November 3, 2017 at 1:41 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(November 3, 2017 at 1:21 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: I'm not advocating religion. Its just a trump card believers like to use by saying "world is miserable because of the unbelief. I was too before meeting God".

And why would I want to get that on my shoes?

Believers look crazy with their souls and immortality, but when I see the miserable state of brave, free and strong men like in those videos, I can understand why believers are in religion.
(November 3, 2017 at 2:04 pm)purplepurpose Wrote:
(November 3, 2017 at 1:41 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: And why would I want to get that on my shoes?

Believers look crazy with their souls and immortality, but when I see the miserable state of brave, free and strong men like in those videos, I can understand why believers are in religion.

So, they wouldn't be brave, free and strong men if they weren't in religion?
(November 3, 2017 at 2:35 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(November 3, 2017 at 2:04 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Believers look crazy with their souls and immortality, but when I see the miserable state of brave, free and strong men like in those videos, I can understand why believers are in religion.

That's a f hard questions - "Religious depression of being told you are a Gods slave who should earn not being sent to hell. Or hold on to the free will till the end, even if you are rotting mentally at the moment".

I can't answer it. This is one of those questions I regret bringing up, depressing stuff.
(November 3, 2017 at 2:35 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(November 3, 2017 at 2:04 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Believers look crazy with their souls and immortality, but when I see the miserable state of brave, free and strong men like in those videos, I can understand why believers are in religion.

Sounds like a wimp to me. If you need to cling to a God to stay strong, you are not strong. I mean, there's nothing wrong with believing in God while being a strong person, but if you are strong because of God, you are not strong.
The bugle sounds as the charge begins

But on this battlefield no one wins

- Iron Maiden, The Trooper
Purple...you have a more religious appraisal of religion than the religious.  Assume...for a moment, that the world looks and seems very different to you than it does to the religious -or- the irreligious.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 2481 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3272 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1656 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
  Isaiah 53, 700 B.C: Historical Evidence of the Divine Omniscience. Nishant Xavier 91 4765 August 6, 2023 at 2:19 pm
  Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God. Nishant Xavier 162 8108 July 9, 2023 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2871 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why the resurrection accounts are not evidence LinuxGal 5 1048 October 29, 2022 at 2:01 pm
  Legal evidence of atheism Interaktive 16 2591 February 9, 2020 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Evidence for Believing Lek 368 50407 November 14, 2019 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
Information The Best Logique Evidence of God Existence Nogba 225 24178 August 2, 2019 at 11:44 am
Last Post: comet