Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One sentence that throws the problem of evil out of the window.
One sentence that throws the problem of evil out of the window.
Whatever suffering possible in this world,  if we are patient and steadfast in midst of it, and in midst peril, out of love of the Great Ultimate Beauty that sees us exactly as we are,  the love that ensues to us from that loving being, is worth it, as well as the honourable position we will have in its absolute eye which is the vision of the absolute truth.
RE: One sentence that throws the problem of evil out of the window.
(November 7, 2017 at 8:52 am)MysticKnight Wrote: Whatever suffering possible in this world,  if we are patient and steadfast in midst of it, and in midst peril, out of love of the Great Ultimate Beauty that sees us exactly as we are,  the love that ensues to us from that loving being, is worth it, as well as the honourable position we will have its absolute eye which is the vision of the absolute truth.

I know you had to put that somewhere and we don’t have a sub-forum explicitly entitled ‘Empty Platitudinous Horseshit’ but Philosphy? I think you might have got lost on your way to the religion sub-forum.
To say yes to one moment is to say yes to all of life...or something like that.
<insert profound quote here>
(November 7, 2017 at 9:10 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: To say yes to one moment is to say yes to all of life...or something like that.

Those are beautiful words, my friend!
I honestly don't understand why people are so mean to MK. You may think what he says is looney, and his way of talking IS different... but he's never mean or disrespectful of anyone. Why be mean to him?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
That's goofy talk.

I say "yes" to wild sex with a beautiful girl, and "no" to that doctor who enjoys prostate exams just a little too much.
(November 7, 2017 at 9:14 am)bennyboy Wrote: That's goofy talk.

I say "yes" to wild sex with a beautiful girl, and "no" to that doctor who enjoys prostate exams just a little too much.

The goofy talk is you being a literalist to some of the most beautiful words humans can say. Neo just said some of the most beautiful words that can be uttered by a human. But you don't try to understand.

(November 7, 2017 at 9:12 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I honestly don't understand why people are so mean to MK. You may think what he says is looney, and his way of talking IS different... but he's never mean or disrespectful of anyone. Why be mean to him?

Catholic_Lady, it is an act of weakness trying to pose as strength. May God pardon them and give them strength to overcome their shadows.  

From the Shadows I come, towards the light is my goal.
(start of a poem I wrote).
(November 7, 2017 at 9:14 am)bennyboy Wrote: That's goofy talk.

Yes, but you are still choosing to live despite the good AND bad that comes with it, right? Do you wish you had never been conceived?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
One sentence that throws the problem of evil out of the window ...

There is no god and no objective morality.
(November 7, 2017 at 9:28 am)Mathilda Wrote: One sentence that throws the problem of evil out of the window ...

There is no god and no objective morality.

That would throw it out which I pointed out in other threads if were true.

Thus the paradox of Atheists using that argument against God in the first place *smiles*.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are cats evil beasts that should be killed to save mice? FlatAssembler 34 2383 November 28, 2022 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Fireball
  does evil exist? Quill01 51 3595 November 15, 2022 at 5:30 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  The argument against "evil", theists please come to the defense. Mystic 158 68420 December 29, 2017 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Reasoning showing homosexuality is evil. Mystic 315 46625 October 23, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Reasoning showing that heterosexuality is evil I_am_not_mafia 21 4615 October 23, 2017 at 8:23 am
Last Post: ignoramus
Wink Emoticons are Intrinsically Good and Evil Fireball 4 1089 October 21, 2017 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Succubus
  Is knowledge the root of all evil? Won2blv 22 5839 February 18, 2017 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Origin of evil Harris 186 22882 September 12, 2016 at 5:37 am
Last Post: Harris
  What if you lived in a world...full of evil plotting Legos Losty 45 5128 June 10, 2016 at 1:58 am
Last Post: c172
  The Pursuit of Good and Evil carusmm 0 845 May 30, 2016 at 6:30 am
Last Post: carusmm