Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The WLB sinks the Republicunts in Virginia
The WLB sinks the Republicunts in Virginia
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/us/po...c=rss&_r=0

Quote:Ralph Northam Wins the Virginia Governor’s Race

Quote:Mr. Northam was propelled to victory over Ed Gillespie, the Republican nominee, by liberal and moderate voters who were eager to send a message to President Trump in a state that rejected him in 2016 and where he is deeply unpopular.

They also won the governorship in New Jersey but that probably had little to do with the WLB.  Chris Christie had favorability ratings of 15% and the GOP candidate was his Lieutenant Governor.
RE: The WLB sinks the Republicunts in Virginia
The first of the dominoes, it seems.

Let's hope this is the beginning of a trend.

Get the orange gibbon and his minions out.
Dying to live, living to die.
Hahaha. The state went for Clinton in the election. The chance that they would have gone for a republican governor was next to nothing from the beginning at best anyway.
At least there is one smart state in the union.  You should stay out of it.
Indeed clown boy would just taint it with his idiocy
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(November 7, 2017 at 10:08 pm)Court Jester Wrote: Hahaha. The state went for Clinton in the election. The chance that they would have gone for a republican governor was next to nothing from the beginning at best anyway.

And thank goodness for that. Whether they stayed blue or turned from red to blue, the end result is the same anyway.

I also see that Gov. Christie in New Jersey is gone now, replaced by a Democrat.

-Teresa
How this will translate to other races across the country next year depends on who voted and by what margins. Political analysts will be pouring through the data over the next few days.

Northam is a moderate Democrat. Gillespie was a moderate Republican but attached himself to Trump and white culture grievances. Virginia is a slightly blue state in Presidential elections these days, but this is not a major election year (i.e. so Democrats don't normally vote as much). Black voters didn't turn out as much for Clinton as they did for Obama, but what about tonight? How strong was Progressive/Bernie Bloc turnout? Did Gillespie's embrace of Trump help him turn out GOP voters, or did it do more to energize Democrats and independents against him?

Many questions for both parties. The answers will largely determine how the 2018 midterms take shape.
(November 7, 2017 at 10:27 pm)Tres Leches Wrote:
(November 7, 2017 at 10:08 pm)Court Jester Wrote: Hahaha. The state went for Clinton in the election. The chance that they would have gone for a republican governor was next to nothing from the beginning at best anyway.

And thank goodness for that. Whether they stayed blue or turned from red to blue, the end result is the same anyway.

I also see that Gov. Christie in New Jersey is gone now, replaced by a Democrat.

-Teresa

I notice laughing boy didn't comment on that.
(November 7, 2017 at 10:45 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(November 7, 2017 at 10:27 pm)Tres Leches Wrote: And thank goodness for that. Whether they stayed blue or turned from red to blue, the end result is the same anyway.

-Teresa

I notice laughing boy didn't comment on that.

He's smart enough to not argue with logic. Wink

-Teresa
(November 7, 2017 at 10:57 pm)Tres Leches Wrote:
(November 7, 2017 at 10:45 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I notice laughing boy didn't comment on that.

He's smart enough to not argue with logic. Wink

-Teresa

"Smart" isn't a word I would associate...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damned Republicunts Minimalist 1793 278703 March 27, 2019 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Virginia Governor to Resign over blackface pictures? onlinebiker 44 2883 February 21, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  So Not Every WLB Voter Was a Racist Retard. Minimalist 16 1087 October 29, 2018 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Are There Any Republicunts Who Aren't Crooks? Minimalist 19 1817 October 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Judge Tells The WLB to Go Fuck Himself Minimalist 0 863 October 25, 2018 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  No Wall? The WLB is Unhappy Minimalist 9 882 September 21, 2018 at 6:30 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  By Popular demand, a break from the WLB Brian37 5 608 August 14, 2018 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  What Do Republicunts Talk About Behind Closed Doors? Minimalist 3 510 August 9, 2018 at 2:02 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  The WLB Criticized By A Republicunt Who Is Not Retiring? Minimalist 2 704 July 22, 2018 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The WLB: Not An Accidental Cunt - A Deliberate Cunt Minimalist 61 5228 June 23, 2018 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Fireball