Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 10:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bravo, Sir!
Bravo, Sir!
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/congres...pandering/

Quote:Congressman Jared Huffman comes out as a non-believer — and rips Trump’s phony religious pandering

Quote:A Democratic congressman from California says there’s “too much religion” in U.S. politics and that too many politicians — Republicans in particular — use religion as a cudgel, including President Donald Trump.

In an interview with The Washington Post, Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA) said that he is going public with his personal stance against “religious tests” and the idea that lawmakers must be religious to appeal to constituents.

Getting rid of the fuckfaced churchie assholes in Congress would go a long way towards fixing this country.
RE: Bravo, Sir!
(November 9, 2017 at 12:53 pm)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/congres...pandering/

Quote:Congressman Jared Huffman comes out as a non-believer — and rips Trump’s phony religious pandering

Quote:A Democratic congressman from California says there’s “too much religion” in U.S. politics and that too many politicians — Republicans in particular — use religion as a cudgel, including President Donald Trump.

In an interview with The Washington Post, Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA) said that he is going public with his personal stance against “religious tests” and the idea that lawmakers must be religious to appeal to constituents.

Getting rid of the fuckfaced churchie assholes in Congress would go a long way towards fixing this country.

This does seem to be good news.
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
The question is will it encourage anyone else to grow a pair of balls?

We are not living in the fucking 8th century anymore.
Yeah Trump has been saying a lot of stuff about God, I've noticed. It's kind of annoying.
The bugle sounds as the charge begins

But on this battlefield no one wins

- Iron Maiden, The Trooper
Whenever something bad happens it's always "our prayers are with the victims" as if that does any good
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Phony religious pandering ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 9, 2017 at 2:43 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Whenever something bad happens it's always "our prayers are with the victims" as if that does any good

It hasn't yet.

You know what I always wonder, Z?  What the fuck are they praying for?

Apparently they aren't praying for it never to happen again.  If they are, fucking god isn't getting the message!

Are they praying for the souls of the dead to get into heaven?  That has nothing to do with the way they died.  These jesusy assholes could be praying for someone who blasphemed the fucking holy spirit every day.  They have no idea who they are praying for.

Seems as if god's answer is always 'go fuck yourselves.'
It would certainly cut down on stupid bills like defunding Planned Parenthood over abortion, when the Hyde amendment already prevents federal funding from going into abortion.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Meh. Wake me when a sensible congressman from some fucking Bible Belt state “comes out” against religiosity in our politics. Then I’ll get excited. The conservative Christers (and those in government who like to pretend to be conservative Christers) already deride and dismiss any sane thing that comes out of California. It’s like some kind of group gag reflex with them.
(November 9, 2017 at 3:06 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Seems as if god's answer is always 'go fuck yourselves.'

In defense of god...I'd probably say the same to the kind of people who pray for that sort of shit. God, if there was one...would have abandoned those assholes along time ago. Sidney had it right. God helps those who help themselves.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A very good Friday to you, too, sir. Nanny 2 1069 April 14, 2017 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: brewer