Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enneagrams
Enneagrams
Has anyone else here had any experience with enneagrams?
Did you find using this method helpful?
If so, in what way?
Or do you think it's pseudo science?
RE: Enneagrams
I think it's definitely woo man... each to their own though.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
If nothing else, enneagram reminds us that people don't really conform to a single stereotype, and that traits tend to correlate with each other in often unexpected ways.

It can be intriguing and encourage a bit of questioning and curiosity, so generally it is not a bad thing, unless you take it too seriously.

Because sure, it is pseudo-science. It has no true method to speak of, no falseability, no way to conduct experiments and correct its doctrine in an objective way.

Still, it is a marked improvement over, say, Freudian conceptions of personality, which suffer from the same shortcomings without having the built-in safeguard of encouraging people to be in some doubt of whether they guessed the personality type correctly.
Morituri Delendi!
Ennegrams, no experience, Strippergrams, 1 experience.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Oh I do not like anything that tries to categorize people's personalities.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(November 10, 2017 at 3:18 pm)Aegon Wrote: Oh I do not like anything that tries to categorize people's personalities.

I knew it, a damn Aquarius.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Read that as anagrams; thought up brilliant joke.

Actually I didn't, but wanted to get in before anyone else did.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 10, 2017 at 7:02 am)Lomd Wrote: Still, it is a marked improvement over, say, Freudian conceptions of personality, which suffer from the same shortcomings without having the built-in safeguard of encouraging people to be in some doubt of whether they guessed the personality type correctly.

So you're saying I can safely stop trying to shag my mother now?

But.....but..... I'm scared of strangers!

Dodgy
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.