Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heavy stuff
Heavy stuff
Religious paranoia
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[/url][url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_paranoia#p-search]
Religious paranoia is an irrational fear of being purposefully attacked by an outside agent(s) in or through some religious context. Some examples:

1. The fear of one's soul being stolen
  2. The fear of being tempted by demons
  3. The fear of being plotted against by cultists
  4. The fear of God or Satan

It is a condition which has been compared to extremism and intolerance.[1] It has been cited as a possible contributor to political violence.[2][3] It is often related to splittingpsychological projection, a desire to maintain a sense of purity in situations of real or perceived persecution, and rigid and unchallengeable attitudes.[4]
In an alternate form of religious paranoia of a psychiatric nature, the patient can suffer from a permanent delusion of a primarily religious nature. He could, for example, believe that he is the messenger of God who has been sent to the world to propagate some religion.[/size]

I'm a patient... On the bright note, it's not the worst stuff out there.
RE: Heavy stuff
Reference the title, I'm a Murphy's man myself.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
PP, if you're a patient, I'd think you'd be the first in line to give up the fantasy. Or at least work on eradication. 

Why do you think you can't let go?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Thought this was going to be about lead, gold and average Americans. Once again I fall victim to false advertising.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 10, 2017 at 9:12 pm)Cyberman Wrote: Thought this was going to be about lead, gold and average Americans. Once again I fall victim to false advertising.

Oh man you're too hilarious  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
The bugle sounds as the charge begins

But on this battlefield no one wins

- Iron Maiden, The Trooper
Truthfully, I would have said that if you're religious and NOT paranoid, then you're doing it wrong Dunno

The guilt and fear aspect of religion is also the business end.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 10, 2017 at 8:22 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: PP, if you're a patient, I'd think you'd be the first in line to give up the fantasy. Or at least work on eradication. 

Why do you think you can't let go?

By a patient I meant that I have slight paranoia(as it's classified by doctors) about God. If alien fans better themselves to meet UFO's someday - that's cool. And that's why I think it would be good if they got paid, I don't mind that.
(November 10, 2017 at 9:12 pm)Cyberman Wrote: Thought this was going to be about lead, gold and average Americans. Once again I fall victim to false advertising.

I can start a thread on osmium.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Donny and Marie?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Are those horse heads still around?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This is strange. Explaining stuff to myself. purplepurpose 26 7220 December 16, 2016 at 10:06 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Case closed on making cases against the case for stuff, in case you were wondering. Whateverist 27 5585 December 11, 2014 at 8:12 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Family stuff :( Marsellus Wallace 16 4603 April 13, 2014 at 7:10 am
Last Post: OGirly
  Stuff Christians Say To Atheist Cholley71 1 1225 May 20, 2013 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Jackalope