Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reverse 'ism' game.
Reverse 'ism' game.
Ok here's a game I thought of. While on this thread everyone has to pretend to believe in any doctrine or ideology ('ism') that they can think of when they don't really. And also they have to do the reverse, any doctrine or ideology ('ism') that they actually do believe in they have to pretend not to.

For example. Outside of this thread I, among other things, subscribe to atheism, skepticism, agnosticsm, physicalism, monism.

So inside this thread I won't subscribe to atheism (so I'll either pretend to be a deist or a theist), I'll be very inclined to magical and superstious thinking and see no problem with saying everything just *feels* true (rather than valuing skepticism) and I will claim absolute knowledge in everything I believe in (gnosticism rather than agnosticism). I will not believe everything is physical but I will also not believe everything is non-physical and of one substance because I won't be monistic (I will believe there are two or more kinds of substances (and they can't both be physical)).

So theists will have to pretend to be atheists and atheists will have to pretend to be theists, among other things.

Ok now I'll give my new, pretend opposite 'ism' introduction to the forums:

me with my 'isms' reversed Wrote:Hi, I'm mike I'm 22 years old and I know that God absolutely exists. I know that far too many people value skepticism as if the only kind of understanding is rational. When it comes down to it I know that all knowledge is intutitive and nothing actually makes logical sense. You see, it all comes down to the magic of God really and he doesn't need logic or any kind of explanation whatsoever. He's God. He can do whatever he likes, he's magical, super-fucking-natural baby. I know all this because it just feels so true that I must know it.

Am I a deist or a theist? [so I'll have to pick one here as my pretence]. It turns out that Jesus is real fucking special and I know this. I know this. Absolutely.

I know that not everything is physical. I know that there are many things that aren't physical and I know that there are at least two types of subtances (physical or non-physical). I also know that God is any fucking substance he wants to be and so I know that infinite kinds of substances exist of both physical and non-physical therefore (because physical is obviously one form of substance, and I believe that it exists (and know it to be so)).

God wants all of us to bow down and we absolutely must obey him and I absolutely know this to be true because God told me and he knows everything. And I know that God told me because it just *feels* that way so much that I know that nothing else could be true.

Foolish atheists you must all convert now! I know that you must. You must! Jesus loves you all and it's time to respect that.

Your turn.