Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott Frost to RETURN ?
Scott Frost to RETURN ?
LOL, I've had a bemused take on Nebraska college football.  I'm old enough to remember the thrill of that Orange Bowl win oh so long ago.  And I've also noted since then how annoying Nebraska fans can be when their team is winning winning winning, and just how spectacularly vile they can be when their team is losing losing losing.

Anyhow, ever since the Devaney/Osborn era, the program has been hurtling into the void of perpetual fail.  Frequently changing coaches hasn't helped, pillorying the athletic directors who hire them doesn't seem to be working either.

The 'fans' seem to forget or choose not to remember how many years it took Devaney to build up the team.  If Devaney himself came back to fix things, he would be lucky to get 2 or 3 years to fix things before there would be calls to sack him and get someone else leading the team.

Anyhow, a former player, Scott Frost is doing well enough helping another team now and the calls to drag him back to 'fix' Nebraska football are getting shrill and even psychotic.

Me thinks he'd be crazy to even consider it, regardless of how much $$$ current Nebraska admin might want to throw at him, as he would already be facing a huge fuck up the new Athletic Director Moos has made:

Moos has totally killed any possibility of recruiting any decent talent for next year without actually taking promising recruits family members hostage to induce them to sign on (and I think the NACAA has a rule against that) so even though Frost fans are suggesting an iron clad "No firing your ass for 10 years" clause to get him to come to Nebraska, they should already be thinking of an 11 year guaranty since whomever they get is already fucked their first year for recruiting.

Anyhow, things are all higgledy piggily with NU football.  Sports writers are straining to find metaphors to delineate just how far the program has fallen, sack cloth and ashes are now being shipped to Nebraska in special Union Pacific freight trains, and I suspect a great deal of NU memorabilia is already in the landfill and or charred in backyard grills . . .

tee hee !
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Scott Frost to RETURN ?
Easy on the eyes, however;

[Image: os-spt-ucf-scott-frost-usf-charlie-stron...u-20170418]

I wouldn't mind seeing more of him on local TV. Still think he'd be crazy to think about coming back, it won't end well, the fans have made it abundantly clear any recovery effort to bring back their winning football will have to be scheduled to occur within a specific 24-36 month time frame, no matter how irrational that is in real life.

I'd say Scott is going to be one of those men that is just going to keep looking better and better every year. Easy to see why he's doing so well with his team now, hell, I'd run laps around the field for him.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

An, Nebraska DID hire Scott Frost to lead their college football team back to victory.

It occurs to me, variants of this strategy have been tried before, (Solich and Pellini) and neither time did it 'work'. (and it is probably clear neither time was sufficient time allowed to see if it 'worked')

Anyhow, Scott is returning, expectations are UNBELIEVABLY high.  I already feel sorry for him, it's pretty clear (to me at least) he will be allowed the 2018 football season to get his footing, and then in the 2019 season, Scott only has one course of action:

to get Nebraska in the Top 5 of the rankings and a major (Orange, Rose, Sugar, Fiesta) Bowl Game.

Period.

Failing that, he will be fired in his third or forth season (unless he's showing substantial progress every year).  And Nebraska football will still

SUCK.

He'll get three, four years tops. Then Big Red better be back to 8 and 4 seasons at least or it's bye bye again. 

I have my doubts that we'll see the 70's to 90's run again in my lifetime.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Yeah, he'll never field a team of 100% of his own recruits before the fans decide to lynch him. Allowing him 4 years to 'prime the pump'? Fuck that shit, we hired him to fucking fix it.

NOW.

Wonder who gets fired first, Athletic Director Moos, or Scott Frost ??

Just be thankful that you've got Frost to look at now. Sure beats the last three. Wait, maybe beats them all. 

You might have bent Tom over at one time, ya know, back in the day.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Frost is definitely a looker.

And leading all those burly male, and aggressive and manly masculine football players ?

[swoon]

You vorlon is drowning in a sea of testosterone . . .

willingly