Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disappointment in God's idea
Disappointment in God's idea
It took me some time to figure out why so many people are so strongly disappointed in religion. It's indeed depressing to face a God's idea where he is either your Master for whom you are something of a slave(Got very ill - praise the lord, reason for the sickness is your sinfulness). Or his "filtering system" will have to respond in extremely disproportionate way.
RE: Disappointment in God's idea
that fact its fiction is the main reason folk leave

are you disappointed in santa too?
wrong word imo
should be delighted in reality & life
And sometimes believers seem disappointed when I rejoice in His Holy Words condemning those evil women who are desiring to desecrate His sacred spaces with their foul menstruations.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 27, 2017 at 11:53 am)chorlton Wrote: that fact its fiction is the main reason folk leave

are you disappointed in santa too?
wrong word imo
should be delighted in reality & life

I meant to say that people have no other choice but to reject supernatural God completely, because people came up with insanely crazy version's of it, which are unbearable. Because the more insanely cruel God is - more profit from trembling followers.
The religious could be walking saints and I still wouldn't believe in fairy tales.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 27, 2017 at 11:51 am)purplepurpose Wrote: It took me some time to figure out why so many people are so strongly disappointed in religion. It's indeed depressing to face a God's idea where he is either your Master for whom you are something of a slave(Got very ill - praise the lord, reason for the sickness is your sinfulness). Or his "filtering system" will have to respond in extremely disproportionate way.

I am no more disappointed in a Super Hero sky wizard than I am in Yoda or Darth Vader. But bad logic and naked assertions certainly frustrate me, sure.
(November 27, 2017 at 12:04 pm)Khemikal Wrote: The religious could be walking saints and I still wouldn't believe in fairy tales.

Hmmm . . .

Interesting though, if they'd try.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 27, 2017 at 11:51 am)purplepurpose Wrote: It took me some time to figure out why so many people are so strongly disappointed in religion. It's indeed depressing to face a God's idea where he is either your Master for whom you are something of a slave

Romans 8
16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ
(November 27, 2017 at 1:40 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(November 27, 2017 at 11:51 am)purplepurpose Wrote: It took me some time to figure out why so many people are so strongly disappointed in religion. It's indeed depressing to face a God's idea where he is either your Master for whom you are something of a slave

Romans 8
16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ

Children aren't tortured, especially for very looong time.
Which god?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are you chasing the idea of the existence of a God? WinterHold 26 3272 August 7, 2018 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Question My mom's idea of a good path Der/die AtheistIn 6 1089 November 27, 2017 at 2:19 am
Last Post: chorlton
  What A Fantastic Idea! Minimalist 4 1101 July 3, 2016 at 10:57 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  An Old Idea I Had About The (Hebrew) Word "Adam" (relates to Quran also) ReptilianPeon 1 1454 February 5, 2016 at 5:21 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19368 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  The Idea of a God Is Not So Crazy LivingNumbers6.626 36 7761 April 22, 2014 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  What A Great Idea! Minimalist 18 6617 October 10, 2013 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: Beta Ray Bill
  Idea For A Story Xavier 11 4628 March 30, 2012 at 6:03 am
Last Post: Welsh cake
  is my idea of the afterlife possible at all bigboy 30 13918 March 20, 2012 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Phil
  Church of England's idea of equal opportunity bozo 7 2204 June 29, 2011 at 11:51 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger