Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there room for a xtian section in an atheist forum?
Is there room for a xtian section in an atheist forum?
It has been suggested in one of the discussions that it is of little value to have a xtian section in an atheist forum so I would like to post my views on that and get the views of others here.

I believe it is of great value because it is only on an atheist forum that we can have a true and frank discussion of xtian and other religious issues. As atheists on xtian forums we do not have complete freedom to post challenging and possibly controversial views. We are likely to be suspended or banned. Some xtian forums even default to limiting where non xtians can post from when you first create and account and declare that you are a non xtian.

So in the interests of open and fair speech (but not harmful speech as this is unethical) I would support having a xtian section in atheist forums.
RE: Is there room for a xtian section in an atheist forum?
I hadn't realized this was open for debate.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Apparently it is. And if you look closely, you will see that free speech is not so free. The xtians have once again successfully muzzled reason and debate.

I suggest that if it was not known that Christopher Hitchens said "Religion poisons everything" and I had created a thread with said title, that, due to the xtian bleating to the mods, it would either be modified or disappear altogether.
What?! Christians bullied mods into closing your thread about Christians being terrorist. I guess next step is that they'll burn books by Michael Sherlock because he said that Christianity is terrorism long before you did
[Image: tEm8gTt.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
He's just upset because his last thread ("Christians are terrorists") got deleted.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(November 29, 2017 at 6:31 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: He's just upset because his last thread ("Christians are terrorists") got deleted.

You'll grow to love having me around, CL. Don't worry! Wink
I thought he started out OK, then went full militant. Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 29, 2017 at 1:53 am)Bow Before Zeus Wrote: It has been suggested in one of the discussions that it is of little value to have a xtian section in an atheist forum so I would like to post my views on that and get the views of others here.

I believe it is of great value because it is only on an atheist forum that we can have a true and frank discussion of xtian and other religious issues. As atheists on xtian forums we do not have complete freedom to post challenging and possibly controversial views. We are likely to be suspended or banned. Some xtian forums even default to limiting where non xtians can post from when you first create and account and declare that you are a non xtian.

So in the interests of open and fair speech (but not harmful speech as this is unethical) I would support having a xtian section in atheist forums.

I really don't understand what you want here, nobody is being barred in any automatic way. TOS is equal to both atheists and theists. Of course there are going to be more atheists here because this is an atheist website. I find no use in having segregated sections.
(November 29, 2017 at 7:09 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(November 29, 2017 at 1:53 am)Bow Before Zeus Wrote: It has been suggested in one of the discussions that it is of little value to have a xtian section in an atheist forum so I would like to post my views on that and get the views of others here.

I really don't understand what you want here, nobody is being barred in any automatic way. TOS is equal to both atheists and theists. Of course there are going to be more atheists here because this is an atheist website. I find no use in having segregated sections.

I am saying that it's good to have this cozy little xtian section to discuss xtian specific topics. Beats doing it at a xtian forum where you are either muzzled or banned.
(November 29, 2017 at 7:17 am)Bow Before Zeus Wrote:
(November 29, 2017 at 7:09 am)Brian37 Wrote: I really don't understand what you want here, nobody is being barred in any automatic way. TOS is equal to both atheists and theists. Of course there are going to be more atheists here because this is an atheist website. I find no use in having segregated sections.

I am saying that it's good to have this cozy little xtian section to discuss xtian specific topics. Beats doing it at a xtian forum where you are either muzzled or banned.

https://atheistforums.org/forum-44.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Catholic Church against Cesarean section Fake Messiah 24 3876 August 14, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  7 Pious Xtian Shits Who Stepped On Their Own Dicks Minimalist 0 876 October 12, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Kind of Shit Xtian Fucktards Teach Minimalist 12 2586 June 9, 2018 at 3:35 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What xtian hymns sound like to an atheist drfuzzy 30 7813 September 22, 2017 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Here's A Xtian I'll Tip My Hat To Minimalist 0 837 April 9, 2017 at 8:04 pm
  I'm Tired of Xtian Shits With Their Silly Fairy Tales. Minimalist 2 1076 March 9, 2017 at 10:09 pm
  Why are the "laws" of physics so different as conceived by many xtian fundamentalist? Whateverist 22 4831 November 13, 2016 at 1:35 am
Last Post: Funky_Gibbon
  a theory about modern xtian deconversion drfuzzy 14 2870 April 29, 2016 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Still room on the org chart for this creep vorlon13 12 2779 January 29, 2016 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  more xtian idiocy in the news drfuzzy 11 3502 November 4, 2015 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: brewer