Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unofficial Metallica Thread....
Unofficial Metallica Thread....
I have to admit, I didn't like thrash at first, not even this song at first. But after I realized that it was about how military suffer in war and come back home with PTSD, it changed my mind. 

RE: Unofficial Metallica Thread....
I used to go to school with someone who was a HUGE fan.

He didn't appreciate me transposing the "e" and first "a" in the name on one of his posters...
Dying to live, living to die.
I generally don't care much for most thrash metal. I solidly enjoy a fair amount of Metallica's stuff though.
Not familiar enough with their body of work to be considered a true "fan"....I just likes what I likes. 

I (am?  used to be?) a pretty huge fan.  I don't think I've intentionally listened to any of their music in a year or two.  I used to have a really bad habit of looping some of their most personally triggering songs when I was very mentally ill, which of course did great things for my well-being.

Here is another song from the And Justice For All album that addresses how humans are fucking up the planet.

I always liked Metallica. 

Still love the S&M album

It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
I though it best to quit blaring this one whilst driving. It seemed to...affect me, in some way.
Which is odd, because I didn't even know HOW to play it backwards!

(November 29, 2017 at 6:11 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I have to admit, I didn't like thrash at first, not even this song at first. But after I realized that it was about how military suffer in war and come back home with PTSD, it changed my mind. 

Almost all their early songs have a social message.  Master of Puppets is about drugs, Blackened is about smoking and other air pollution or maybe nuclear war, many of the songs are about the pointlessness of war.  It was really with the Black album that they kind of gave up that stuff and just stuck with trying to make hits.
Big fan here. Seen them every visit to Au.

Good song writers more than brilliant individual musos ... Which isn't an issue, I love Bob Dylan too and the bastard can barely speak English he's so off his head these days.
I remember walking out on him once half way through a show.... and I wasn't the only one...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 29, 2017 at 10:00 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: I always liked Metallica. 

Still love the S&M album

S&M is my second favorite, And Justice For All was my favorite. 

What I liked about the video, were all the fundies protesting outside and they Symphony vs the Symphony members asking for their autographs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  F Hendrix, F Metallica, F Led Zeppelin. Brian37 51 2787 January 20, 2020 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: no one
  I love ABBA, Metallica, Rush and these guys. Brian37 22 1984 May 25, 2019 at 7:27 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Unofficial Big Bang Theory fan thread. Brian37 34 10176 May 19, 2019 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Alan V
  The unofficial random Triva thread....... Brian37 110 4526 March 27, 2019 at 9:36 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Being a Big Band/Contemp Jazz & Metallica fan... Brian37 5 951 April 15, 2018 at 4:06 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  The unofficial ABBA originals vs cover thread. Brian37 22 5219 November 22, 2017 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Unofficial Pat Benatar Thread...... Brian37 0 349 November 20, 2017 at 4:51 pm
  Metallica - Moth Into Flame, my thoughts Mechaghostman2 25 4786 September 29, 2016 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Metallica's new song, my thoughts... Mechaghostman2 3 1211 August 22, 2016 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Unofficial Weird Al Thread....... Brian37 6 1143 July 12, 2016 at 6:35 pm