Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People ignore what they fear
People ignore what they fear
I'm not talking about all people, and some people ignore just some things that they fear. Most religious raise their children to be religious too and ignore the possibility of their kids living the faith. Anti-LGBT folks raise their kids to behave like their assigned gender and to be romantically attracted by the opposite sex. 
Maybe deep down they're not ignoring these possibilities, but they act as if they don't exist.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
RE: People ignore what they fear
Glad you qualified that not all people ignore what they fear.  I'm terrified of my missus, for example, but I'm even more afraid of what would happen to me if I ignored her.  Smile

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
F LGBT. I'm more amazed that poorest of countries believe in magic.
(December 10, 2017 at 6:15 am)purplepurpose Wrote: F LGBT. I'm more amazed that poorest of countries believe in magic.

I'm not amazed of that, those countries are less educated.

Charlie Chaplin
If you fear something you don't ignore it, that is why anti LGBT raise their children to be heterosexual. Well I know you want some answers because our country is anti homosexuality , they don't even know what they are talking about when they opose homosexuality , they think that somehow is a choice and it cand be changed.
(December 10, 2017 at 7:18 am)notimportant1234 Wrote: If you fear something you don't ignore it, that is why anti LGBT raise their children to be heterosexual. Well I know you want some answers because our country is anti homosexuality , they don't even know what they are talking about when they opose homosexuality , they think that somehow is a choice and it cand be changed.

I didn't meant literraly ignoring it, I meant acting as if they're ignoring it. I didn't express myself clear enough.

Charlie Chaplin
(December 10, 2017 at 6:08 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Glad you qualified that not all people ignore what they fear.  I'm terrified of my missus, for example, but I'm even more afraid of what would happen to me if I ignored her.  Smile

Boru

Ahhhhh but do you ignore your fear of ignoring her?

And if not, do you ignore your fear of ignoring your fear of ignoring her?

Boru
Magic is real, everything is made up of energy and energy can be manipulated.
(December 10, 2017 at 4:19 pm)macgyver151 Wrote: Magic is real, everything is made up of energy and energy can be manipulated.

Eat my dick.

What? That was a magic spell. It was a magic spell sending you love.
(December 10, 2017 at 5:48 am)Die Atheistin Wrote: I'm not talking about all people, and some people ignore just some things that they fear. Most religious raise their children to be religious too and ignore the possibility of their kids living the faith. Anti-LGBT folks raise their kids to behave like their assigned gender and to be romantically attracted by the opposite sex. 
Maybe deep down they're not ignoring these possibilities, but they act as if they don't exist.

BOO!!!

OK, go ahead and try to ignore me.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the fear of irrational fears rational? ErGingerbreadMandude 26 6276 August 13, 2017 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Are stigmas and and prejudices, inherently based on fear, ignorance and hatred? WisdomOfTheTrees 26 5095 February 8, 2017 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The best people - what are they up to? Mystic 7 1467 March 15, 2014 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  No fear. Creed of Heresy 9 3109 November 29, 2012 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Fear of dying because of my views dean211284 39 13602 July 6, 2012 at 9:25 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Fear of death Jackalope 156 52549 January 13, 2012 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Fear Loading Please Wait 33 7480 October 25, 2011 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Welsh cake
  To know death is to control your fear Castle 19 7360 June 7, 2011 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Castle