Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the wrong tract............
On the wrong tract............
DO NOT, try to sell me your crap in public or knock on my door at my house.

Just now at Food Lion some idiot tried to hand me a religious tract while I was walking in, I walked past him and said, "There is no such thing as a magic man with super powers." I didn't hear a response, nor did I care, nor was I looking at him when I said it. I was out to shop and had a cab waiting on me. 

Rude? No, rude is disturbing me when nobody asked you. I don't like any type of peddling like that. I am old enough to figure out where a church is if I want to. I also would not want you trying to sell me a vacuum cleaner or set of Time Life books or try to get me to sign up for a credit card.

You try to peddle that crap to me like that, I am going to do the same thing every time. "Go away, don't bother me."
RE: On the wrong tract............
We should learn astral kung fu and other magical arts to storm trough ambush at the astral plane when after we will die and switch to spiritual bodies.
I just walk past. If they hand me a flyer, I take it, screw it up and toss it without breaking stride. To me, giving me something like that is basically saying "Here, throw this away for me".

I'm nothing if not obliging.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 15, 2017 at 1:26 pm)Cyberman Wrote: I just walk past. If they hand me a flyer, I take it, screw it up and toss it without breaking stride. To me, giving me something like that is basically saying "Here, throw this away for me".

I've done that too without saying anything, but it still irritates me. Outside religion, if someone tries to sell you a product, it is normal for someone to ask questions, but when religion says, "sure ask questions", they don't mean hard questions, they mean look at the fictional ice cream and let me convince you it exists.

I get sick of that, not his rights, but the unreasonable expectation that I am not allowed to object to the logic behind the sales pitch. I am quite sure he's still out there somewhere trying to sell that to others, and I won't legally stop him. But if you try to sell that crap to me, I am going to be honest with you. Just like I find it predatory for credit card companies to go onto college campuses and try to get you to sign up for one knowing you are at high risk already in dept only to be able to make the minimum payment which makes them more money long term. 

Humans do not have super powers, they never did. Point is, you got something you want to sell I cant stop that. But if you open your mouth to me, I am not going to mince words and I am going to tell you exactly what I think of your product. But even if I thought your product was great, I still would not want you chasing me down on my time. If I like what you sell, I know where you are and how to get there.
Have you tried knocking them out? Because you sure seem eager to do it.

In my case I don't mind, these people have to make a living too. Religion feeds a lot of people, they are just selling their product just like someone who would try to sell you a car or an insurance policy. They are extremely annoying I know, but they gotta eat too. As long as they don't break the law I have no problems with them.

If they hand me a flyer or try to tell me things about their religion I just say no thanks and have a nice day! I wouldn't dare give us atheists a bad reputation. Besides, there are not a lot of people like that anymore where I live, so it's not like they ruin my day or things like that.
Quote:like someone who would try to sell you a car or an insurance policy.

Cars and insurance policies exist.... and actually have some benefit....unlike any of this god shit.
(December 15, 2017 at 2:33 pm)Dnte Wrote: Have you tried knocking them out? Because you sure seem eager to do it.

In my case I don't mind, these people have to make a living too. Religion feeds a lot of people, they are just selling their product just like someone who would try to sell you a car or an insurance policy. They are extremely annoying I know, but they gotta eat too. As long as they don't break the law I have no problems with them.

If they hand me a flyer or try to tell me things about their religion I just say no thanks and have a nice day! I wouldn't dare give us atheists a bad reputation. Besides, there are not a lot of people like that anymore where I live, so it's not like they ruin my day or things like that.

Oh stop. Being blunt does not mean advocating violence. I have no desire to get violent with anyone, no matter how much their logic annoys me. 

Even my cab driver agreed with me that shit is annoying. Last week she also agreed with me that that the My Pillow add on TV was annoying, just like the "Head On" Chap Stick style Aspirin add back in the 90s annoyed everyone. Yea the shit annoys me, how you fucking stupidly come to the conclusion that I will or want to get  violent is absurd.

If I thought like that, which I don't I would have also wanted to assault my own family and friends. 

No sorry, you don't get to project thoughts in my head that are not there. 

I didn't demand his arrest, nor would I. I was simply venting here about how annoying it is. 

So how is saying, "There is no such thing as men with super powers" giving us a bad name? 

There is also no such thing as Yoda, or Harry Potter or Santa.

I loved my late mother, she died a Catholic. She was my biggest supporter, but even she knew what I thought of religion. 

Religion to me is like having a friend, family member or co worker, repeat day after day, year after year, "The New England Patriots beat the Houston Astro's in the Stanley Cup." Yea that shit should annoy any sane person considering it would be three different sports. I can like a person an love a person, but that does not mean I have to like every claim they make. What is most annoying about the context of that situation, is the people who do that, don't want any real kicking of the tires, like you would have a car inspected before buying it, what really annoys me is his unreasonable expectation that I don''t question him.

That is what selling is designed to do, it isn't designed to be tested, it is designed to market. He was marketing, just like tobacco just like soda. Fine, sell, but I am tired of someone trying to sell me something with the expectation  don't question or object.
(December 15, 2017 at 1:26 pm)Cyberman Wrote: I just walk past. If they hand me a flyer, I take it, screw it up and toss it without breaking stride. To me, giving me something like that is basically saying "Here, throw this away for me".

Just saying for me, I like checking out those materials for heretical content.

As we all know, your vorlon LOVES it whenever/whoever/whyever/however they aren't doing it right!!!

And it seems, THEY NEVER FUCKING DO IT RIGHT AND THEYSTILL THINK THEY ARE PEDDLING SLAVATION INSTEAD OF DAMNATION !!!

The BASTARDS !!!!

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 15, 2017 at 2:43 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(December 15, 2017 at 2:33 pm)Dnte Wrote: Have you tried knocking them out? Because you sure seem eager to do it.

Oh stop. Being blunt does not mean advocating violence. I have no desire to get violent with anyone, no matter how much their logic annoys me. 

Even my cab driver agreed with me that shit is annoying. Last week she also agreed with me that that the My Pillow add on TV was annoying, just like the "Head On" Chap Stick style Aspirin add back in the 90s annoyed everyone. Yea the shit annoys me, how you fucking stupidly come to the conclusion that I will or want to get  violent is absurd.

Come on, tell us the truth. How many of 'em pesky people have you knocked out? You're among friends!

How did I come to that conclusion? I don't know, you seem to be a very angry person. But I don't know you... you might be a serial killer or mother theresa behind your computer as far as I know. Sorry if I offended you. Smile

So admins, don't give this guy my IP address please! Thank you! Smile
(December 15, 2017 at 3:17 pm)Dnte Wrote:
(December 15, 2017 at 2:43 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Oh stop. Being blunt does not mean advocating violence. I have no desire to get violent with anyone, no matter how much their logic annoys me. 

Come on, tell us the truth. How many of 'em pesky people have you knocked out? You're among friends!

How did I come to that conclusion? I don't know, you seem to be a very angry person. But I don't know you... you might be a serial killer or mother theresa behind your computer as far as I know. Sorry if I offended you. Smile

So admins, don't give this guy my IP address please! Thank you! Smile

It would also make me angry if you kept claiming you could fart ice cream out of your ass, or if you claimed you met Elvis yesterday. If my mom claimed those things I would still love her, but yea when you peddle mythology, it only really annoys me the most when you have an unreasonable expectation to no objections.

If humans never questioned social norms, our species never would have left the caves. 

I have never met even you in person. But what "offends me" isn't your human rights to make absurd claims. But one's logic.

All I was venting about is knowing that this guy didn't really want hard questions, but wanted to make a sales pitch to make himself feel better. 

If I were really an evil person, I would have violently assaulted him, but that is not what I did. I simply told him the bunt truth that men with magic super powers are not a reality. If he never accepts that, that doesn't mean I want him dead or arrested.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1409 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Thumbs Down 11-Year-Old Genius Proves Hawking Wrong About God Fake Messiah 7 1121 April 16, 2019 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Dead people testify! We were wrong! ignoramus 12 1709 June 11, 2018 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  I was wrong about the simple choice. Mystic 42 4941 January 3, 2017 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  If Life is Meaningless Anyway, then What's Wrong with Religion? InquiringMind 348 44085 October 2, 2016 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
Information You must seek something else, or something is seriously wrong with you WinterHold 23 3375 August 7, 2016 at 7:52 am
Last Post: chimp3
  What right and left get wrong on Islam..... Brian37 0 1123 March 11, 2016 at 8:21 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Is it wrong to teach kids about Hell? TrueChristian 40 6263 December 21, 2015 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  What is with refusing to admit slavery is wrong? ReptilianPeon 99 23129 August 25, 2015 at 2:13 am
Last Post: Divinity
  The Fear of Being Wrong dahrling 22 4823 May 6, 2015 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: robvalue