Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friendly Jehovah's Witness
Friendly Jehovah's Witness
I thought that Jehovah's Witness were nice people who express ideas about God. But in reality, as I recently found out, many active believes view disbelief a sickness that needs to be cured. Cult mentality is hostile if all they want is to "reprogram" people in to their worldview.
RE: Friendly Jehovah's Witness
Yeah, they're fucking assholes. My parents are friends with one. We talked religion once, and she talked down to me like you wouldn't believe. Once, she had the audacity to ask me why I wasn't helping my mother do the dishes, acting like she was joking around, but she was serious. My mother had just cooked the three of them dinner. It had nothing to do with me. I almost asked her why she didn't help my mother cook it. Sounds like a petty thing to be pissed about, but it was the way she said it. My mother and I are very close. If she wanted help with the fucking dishes that I didn't help make, she'd ask.
I haven't met a nice one yet. Maybe surface nice in passing but that's about it. 

The two I know best I'm convinced took up the religion so that they didn't have to give gifts or shell out money. (see 71 thru 84) They seemed to have no problem breaking many of the other rules.

http://thejehovahswitnesses.org/things-j...ant-do.php

They are a confused people.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
[Image: bzuagLk.jpg]
You only recently found out?
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
A good number of my family on both sides of the ditch are JoHos.

I remember as a kid visiting my great aunt and uncle in Perth with my father. They had some obsession with getting myself and my brother to their cult centre/church.

My father wouldn't have anything to do with it.

It's the side of the family I don't associate with.
Dying to live, living to die.
(December 16, 2017 at 3:25 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: A good number of my family on both sides of the ditch are JoHos.

I remember as a kid visiting my great aunt and uncle in Perth with my father.  They had some obsession with getting myself and my brother to their cult centre/church.

My father wouldn't have anything to do with it.

It's the side of the family I don't associate with.

You???? As a JW cutter???????? Now that would be painful and funny!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Funny JW true fact:

some years ago it was briefly permissible for married JWs to perform oral sex upon each other

The permission was quickly rescinded, no explanation ever offered to the members why it was suddenly OK and then suddenly not OK

I presume Jesus changed his mind

(Read Crisis of Conscience for the real poop on this. My take, church leaders being doofuses)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confrontation and Friendly Assertion Jason Jarred 5 3596 September 12, 2008 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: StewartP