Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
February: God: The Failed Hypothesis
February: God: The Failed Hypothesis
The winning book for February is God: The Failed Hypothesis - Victor Stenger

You now have plenty of time to locate, read and then write about the book here...

Happy reading!
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: February: God: The Failed Hypothesis
I am glad that we waited for Hawaii because apparently he was a member of the Department of Physics at university there! Lol.
[Image: geelong_football_club.jpg]My site: http://puglover.org
Bex loves: skiing, bike riding, maths, pugs,
her atheist society, politics and religious studies.
Hehe, I'm very happy it won since I already bought it and it's on my list of books to read anyway. Tongue It has a really cool introduction by Christopher Hitchens that I already read. Big Grin
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
I just finished the preface. Smile
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I'll have to pick this up sometime this week!
I've always wanted to read this Smile I shall try and find it in the states.
(January 3, 2009 at 1:45 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: I just finished the preface. Smile

Show off Tongue
"The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility"

Albert Einstein
Adrian, it should be fairly easy to find. I've had this for a bit now. It's actually a pretty good read, although I found it a bit dry sometimes. I perhaps was not in the mood for a philosophical treatise when I first started, because I did not finish this. I assume I got distracted by school. But, as I'm procrastinating against my school work (eww... anatomy and physiology), I shall wander back and give it another go. And the preface by Christopher Hitchens is pretty neat; he's a great writer even if I find him a bit abrasive sometimes.
Merrie

My candle burns at both ends
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends -
It gives a lovely light.
Edna St. Vincent Millay, "A Few Figs from Thistles", 1920
US poet (1892 - 1950)
(January 3, 2009 at 6:22 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I've always wanted to read this Smile I shall try and find it in the states.

I'm always amused when people refered to the US as the states. I've noticed it's a European thing. We just call it America (which I've always thought silly since it's continent, not the country and therefore Canadian's, and Mexicans, and Argentinians are American) and we also call it the US or USA. Never the states.

Sorry, tangent. >.>
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
(January 6, 2009 at 12:20 pm)Eilonnwy Wrote:
(January 3, 2009 at 6:22 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I've always wanted to read this Smile I shall try and find it in the states.

I'm always amused when people refered to the US as the states. I've noticed it's a European thing. We just call it America (which I've always thought silly since it's continent, not the country and therefore Canadian's, and Mexicans, and Argentinians are American) and we also call it the US or USA. Never the states.

Sorry, tangent. >.>

HA! We call USA - America, here as well! I had to explain this to mum on the way flying to the states. Lol. And to think she had married an American.. gosh!

I am getting this book tomorrow (hopefully!)
[Image: geelong_football_club.jpg]My site: http://puglover.org
Bex loves: skiing, bike riding, maths, pugs,
her atheist society, politics and religious studies.