Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Is What Happens.
This Is What Happens.
When smart people try to make sense out of bible horseshit.

https://www.space.com/14036-christmas-st...ories.html

Quote:Was the Star of Bethlehem a Star, Comet ... or Miracle?

Quote:Astronomy can tell us that all these planetary conjunctions indeed occurred. But whether anyone actually observed them, and if any of these sent the Magi on their historic journey, are all matters for conjecture.

Sure.  Funny how these people never address this part of the comment in Matty.

Quote:After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen when it rose went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was.

Matty 2:9

Let's see you make up an explanation for that.  I'd like to see one astronomer who isn't going out of his way to blow jesus freaks profess his acceptance of that one!
RE: This Is What Happens.
Personally I find it highly unlikely that any particular building can be pointed out by a celestial body.

The whole birth myth reads like a childish fairy tale.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: This Is What Happens.
(December 26, 2017 at 5:00 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Personally I find it highly unlikely that any particular building can be pointed out by a celestial body.

The whole birth myth reads like a childish fairy tale.

Reminds me of the M*A*S*H episode in which the surgeons were in a broken down bus in enemy territory, and Frank used a (broken) walkie-talkie to try and get help.  The message he relayed was, 'There are only about three stars visible from my current location - I am directly under the brightest one.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why war happens in our species........ Brian37 21 3303 May 1, 2016 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: account_inactive