Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prezzy's!
Prezzy's!
So what did all you never-to-be-sufficiently-damned (by Christians) heretics get for Christmas then?

I got some books ("The Algebraist" by Iain M. Banks, "Bad Science" by Ben Goldacre), "Modern Science Writing" by Richard Dawkins and "Jewish Antiquities" by Flavius Josephus), some DVD's ("Wanted", "Iron Man", "Hellboy II: The Golden Army", "Shawshank Redemption" and "Bill Bailey's "Tinselworm"), a bag messenger bag and some money (with which I bought an electric razor and put the rest to a new XBox 360).

I love Christmas both the getting (fairly obviously) and giving ... it's fun Smile

Kyu
RE: Prezzy's!
I got a load of cash (I'm a student so it helps), also a few books and the same bill bailey DVD! Woooo!
I myself got music: Leftfield - Leftism. Royksopp - The Understanding. Moby - Last Night Remixed. Alicia keys - Songs in A minor. Keane - Perfect Symmetry.

Books: 'The Blind Watchmaker' (2006 edition) - by Richard Dawkins. The QI book of Animal Ignorance. 'Does Anything Eat Wasps?: And 101 Other Questions' - New Scientist.

And Shared with my family - music: 'Experience Hendrix'-'Best Of Jimi Hendrix.' The Verve - 'This Is Music: The Singles 92-98.

Dvd: Lee Evans - 'BIG'.

And I also got 'Tinselworm' - Bill Bailey for Christmas too Tongue That makes three of us!!! (in a row too Big Grin)

I also quite like John Legend - 'Green Light' that my brother got.

And I'm sure I'll really enjoy Muse - 'Hullabaloo' too! As Muse are like my favourite rock band. Not my favourite band though - Orbital are my favourite band. And Long Range are my favourite current band. Lately I really like some Leftfield and Royksopp!

I like some Lenny Kravitz too.

Anyway - It was a very good Christmas.

And-Happy new year!
evf
(January 1, 2009 at 2:45 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: The Verve - 'This Is Music: The Singles 92-98.'

I got that some time ago and I was rather disappointed ... since the only tracks I liked were all on the album "Urban Hymns" ("Bitter Sweet Symphony", "Sonnet", "The Drugs Don't Work" & "Lucky Man").

I forgot to mention CD's ... I got "One-X" Three Days Grace, "Strictly Diesel" Spineshank (completing my Spineshank collection) and "The Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders From Mars" David Bowie (Class!)

Kyu
Well I haven't listend to the verve much yet. I only really heard "Bitter Sweet Symphony" and a few others I can't remember the name of.

I haven't got any of their albums and that one was shared with my younger bro.

And also my younger little bro also got "Iron Man" DVD. I wouldn't have mentioned it but I just read your post again and noticed Wink
evf