Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaws
Flaws
Given that there was a thread about values I think that a thread about flaws will be valuable too.
I think I have 2 big flaws that are very hard to control:
1. Over-thinking. I allways had this and sometimes I had problemes but since I started to gain interest in philosophy and psychology it has a very big take on my social me , I find it very hard to stop myself and I have became pretty anti-social in some situations but I don't really have people to talk about this kind of stuff.
2. I'm quick at drawing first hand conlusions about people and I'm allways proven wrong and I allways regret it.
RE: Flaws
(January 13, 2018 at 8:25 am)notimportant1234 Wrote: Given that there was a thread about values I think that a thread about flaws will be valuable too.
1. Over-thinking. I allways had this and sometimes I had problemes but since I started to gain interest in philosophy and psychology it has a very big take on my social me , I find it very hard to stop myself and I have became pretty anti-social in some situations but I don't really have people to talk about this kind of stuff.

Yeah, people in general just aren't into philosophy. Most people I discuss philosophy with are online forums such as this. Almost nobody IRL wants to do philosophy talk with me, just generic social talk.

Quote:2. I'm quick at drawing first hand conlusions about people and I'm allways proven wrong and I allways regret it.

I'd say I'm the opposite. I prejudge people, and I often (not always) end up being right in my assessment of them. But then again, I could simply be deluding myself into thinking so.

Watch anime. BrainSoddingBoru told me it helps him to chill.
@Grandizer
I can say that this left my with a crave for discusions like this and it is not plesant.
@purplepurpose
I'm an anime guy but it helps just for the moment .
(January 13, 2018 at 8:34 am)notimportant1234 Wrote: @Grandizer
I can say that this left my with a crave for discusions like this and it is not plesant.
@purplepurpose
I'm an anime guy but it helps just for the moment .

Anime will save this planet someday.
My flaws:

1.  Arrogance, whether or not I'm in the right.

2.  Tendency towards laziness.

3.  Consistently failing to kill people who, blatantly and flagrantly, enjoy anime.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 13, 2018 at 8:25 am)notimportant1234 Wrote: Given that there was a thread about values I think that a thread about flaws will be valuable too.
2. I'm quick at drawing first hand conlusions about people and I'm allways proven wrong and I allways regret it.

Well I mean, I have a friend who over thinks about alot of issues but she copes with it by spending her time "overthinking" about things that dont really matter or affect her, and then she doesnt have to worry about over thinking about anything else.

Now, it's natural to draw first hand conclusions on people but you dont have to act on those conclusions. If someone seems stupid, act like they're of average intelligence, if someone seems weird, talk to them normally, etc. 
I have the same issue with drawing first hand conclusions.

Inverse Dunning–Kruger.

Being always much more right than one expects to be.

Although, I'm not sure that's right.

Blush
The PURPOSE of life is to replicate our DNA ................. (from Darwin)
The MEANING of life is the experience of living ... (from Frank Herbert)
The VALUE of life is the legacy we leave behind ..... (from observation)
(January 13, 2018 at 8:51 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: My flaws:

3.  Consistently failing to kill people who, blatantly and flagrantly, enjoy anime.

Boru

I enjoy anime, smite me fool.

(January 13, 2018 at 9:06 am)ScienceAf Wrote:
(January 13, 2018 at 8:51 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: My flaws:

Boru

I enjoy anime, smite me fool.

It should be illegal to don't watch anime.