Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hello
Hello everyone,

Having had a quick look around there are some interesting conversations going on. I'm looking forward to joining in.

I have a strange sense of humour and I find its best to take things people say with a pinch of salt. So please forgive me because I will use humour and salt.

cor

"We control the world basically because we are the only animals that can cooperate flexibly in very large numbers. We cooperate effectively with strangers because we believe in things like gods, nations, money and human rights. Yet none of these things exists outside the stories that people invent and tell one another. There are no gods in the universe, no nations, no money and no human rights—except in the common imagination of human beings. You can never convince a chimpanzee to give you a banana by promising him that after he dies, he will get limitless bananas in chimpanzee Heaven. Only Sapiens can believe such stories. This is why we rule the world, and chimpanzees are locked up in zoos and research laboratories."

Yuval Noah Harari

RE: Hello
Hello Conspiracy!
Humor and salty are welcome here. Smile
Is your signature from Sapiens? I read it last year, a very good book. Smile
-Teresa
Welcome, Conspiracy.

Dive right into a thread, man! We can always use a new perspective.

Smile
Arf Arf Bark Welcome Woof.

Garlic?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Welcome. Salt is good, I like to use pepper.
Welcome Heart
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(January 13, 2018 at 11:06 pm)Tres Leches Wrote: Hello Conspiracy!
Humor and salty are welcome here. Smile
Is your signature from Sapiens? I read it last year, a very good book. Smile
-Teresa

It is from Sapiens. I'm halfway through Homo Deus at the moment.

cor

(January 13, 2018 at 11:22 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: Welcome, Conspiracy.

Dive right into a thread, man! We can always use a new perspective.

Smile

I've had a go. Should be fun... Big Grin

(January 13, 2018 at 11:26 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Arf Arf Bark Welcome Woof.

Garlic?

Bread? Smile

(January 13, 2018 at 11:40 pm)Whateverist Wrote: Welcome.  Salt is good, I like to use pepper.

Big Grin  Pepper works too.

(January 14, 2018 at 12:42 am)J a c k Wrote: Welcome  Heart

Thank you Smile

"We control the world basically because we are the only animals that can cooperate flexibly in very large numbers. We cooperate effectively with strangers because we believe in things like gods, nations, money and human rights. Yet none of these things exists outside the stories that people invent and tell one another. There are no gods in the universe, no nations, no money and no human rights—except in the common imagination of human beings. You can never convince a chimpanzee to give you a banana by promising him that after he dies, he will get limitless bananas in chimpanzee Heaven. Only Sapiens can believe such stories. This is why we rule the world, and chimpanzees are locked up in zoos and research laboratories."

Yuval Noah Harari

Quote: humour

You spelled Humor wrong.  You must be a Brit.

Or perhaps you spelled it right?

Whatever.

Greetings.
(January 14, 2018 at 1:33 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote: humour

You spelled Humor wrong.  You must be a Brit.

Or perhaps you spelled it right?

Whatever.

Greetings.

Oh, you. Big Grin  I am a brit.

I like my humour like my colour.

Yuval Noah Harari

Welcome to AF
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5941 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3621 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm