Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religious 'connection'
Religious 'connection'
Question to religious people: Do you feel a connection to other people of your religion across the world, even if you don't know anything else about those people. Is this connection stronger than a connection you may feel towards people of your nation (who follow other religions)?
RE: Religious 'connection'
(January 18, 2018 at 5:47 pm)Alexmahone Wrote: Question to religious people: Do you feel a connection to other people of your religion across the world, even if you don't know anything else about those people. Is this connection stronger than a connection you may feel towards people of your nation (who follow other religions)?

That's an interesting question....   I suppose I would say yes, perhaps similar to someone of familial relation that you don't really know across the world.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
(January 18, 2018 at 5:47 pm)Alexmahone Wrote: Question to religious people: Do you feel a connection to other people of your religion across the world, even if you don't know anything else about those people.

Yes.

Quote:Is this connection stronger than a connection you may feel towards people of your nation (who follow other religions)?

Sometimes, but not always.
(January 18, 2018 at 5:47 pm)Alexmahone Wrote: Question to religious people: Do you feel a connection to other people of your religion across the world, even if you don't know anything else about those people. Is this connection stronger than a connection you may feel towards people of your nation (who follow other religions)?

Any reason why you ask only religious people and not also people who follow spirituality which are also theists or theists in general? Rolleyes
(January 19, 2018 at 10:37 am)Little Rik Wrote:

Any reason why you ask only religious people and not also people who follow spirituality which are also theists or theists in general? Rolleyes

Oh come on Rik, at least admit that you hold an unfaltering belief in all the bullshit your swami-guy told you.  You're as religious as any theist.

Sure.  There is something to sharing a modicum of common language and values with other people.

Meanwhile, so-called nations are often very artificial constructs based mainly on wishful thinking and political confusion.
Morituri Delendi!
Yes, it's only reasonable we would, we share the same guide in life, the Holy Spirit.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Really, G-C?

You think you share a link with these guys who were anathematized in the 5th century and declared heretics?

[Image: MalankaraMetopolitansJul06.jpg]
I think Jesus made it fairly clear you're supposed to feel a greater connection to other christians than even your immediate family. Though he may have failed to realize how splintered christianity could get after thousands of years. It's gotten to a point that no matter what sort of christian you are, someone will call you a heretic worthy of hell. Same goes for the others as well. Wars have been fought by devout believers over how to worship the same god.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Is it weird that I still feel a bit of a connection with Christian folks even though I hate religion and sometimes religious folks get in my nerves? Lol I feel like: Oh, hey! I have a repulsion for your religion, yet I wanna bro hug you, then slowly walk away as I guard my personal space.

Lol
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Possible Connection Between Egyptian Religion And FSM BrianSoddingBoru4 6 1133 December 10, 2017 at 11:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The connection between Catholic priests and Muhammadan pedo gangs? ReptilianPeon 18 6426 May 17, 2015 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Religious moderates enable religious extremists worldslaziestbusker 82 32463 October 24, 2013 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Optimistic Mysanthrope