Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Less Politics, More This
Less Politics, More This
Baby Elephant Chasing Birds

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Less Politics, More This
(January 28, 2018 at 10:41 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Baby Elephant Chasing Birds

Boru

That would be great, but one party IS destroying our planet to protect profits. And it was only because the sane raised their voices the ban on import of elephant was kept. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politic...nt-n822041

Politics should not be promoting the extinction of other species or climate change denial.
Oh, fer fuck's sake.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 28, 2018 at 10:52 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 28, 2018 at 10:41 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Baby Elephant Chasing Birds

Boru

That would be great, but one party IS destroying our planet to protect profits. And it was only because the sane raised their voices the ban on import of elephant was kept. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politic...nt-n822041

Politics should not be promoting the extinction of other species or climate change denial.

What about promoting the extinction of mosquitoes that spread malaria (we're talking the couple hundred or so that carry the disease and not the several thousand that just go around annoying people?)

https://www.pri.org/stories/2016-04-04/w...mosquitoes

Then again, it's not like the Republicans actually care about exterminating the species that are actually doing harm to the world.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Hows the air up there on your high horse, B?

Sometimes a cigar is only a cigar, and a baby elephant isn't a something else either.  (Hint: not posted in the politics forum.)
(January 28, 2018 at 11:47 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Oh, fer fuck's sake.

Boru

For whats sake? 

No sorry, we  are dealing with a 1 party what IS putting profits over our environment. I wish the obvious need to protect other species and to reduce pollution were NOT a political issue, but it is. Instead of getting angry at me you should be angry at the party that is hurting our planet. 

I didn't make it political, they did and those who support the wrong side of history who are ignoring the problem are whom you should be angry at, not me.
...and now, back to the thread.

[Image: Evolution.png]

(January 28, 2018 at 12:01 pm)Whateverist Wrote: Hows the air up there on your high horse, B?

Sometimes a cigar is only a cigar, and a baby elephant isn't a something else either.  (Hint: not posted in the politics forum.)

No high horse on my part. Again, if you expect me to back off defending the truth, I won't.

The GOP is promoting bad policies that are hurting our planet. THEY made it political, not me. 

I KNOW he did not post it in the political section. 

It was only because the SANE shot 45 down, this did not happen.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-admin-rev...d=51178663

Again, I'd love for humans to do the right thing without buying gullible bullshit, but as long as it gets political someone has to respond to the potential harm that policy can do.

And that cute elephant's species cant afford trophy hunters or poachers nor will climate change help it or humans.
(January 28, 2018 at 12:20 pm)Brian37 Wrote:

Boru

For whats sake? 

No sorry, we  are dealing with a 1 party what IS putting profits over our environment. I wish the obvious need to protect other species and to reduce pollution were NOT a political issue, but it is. Instead of getting angry at me you should be angry at the party that is hurting our planet. 

I didn't make it political, they did and those who support the wrong side of history who are ignoring the problem are whom you should be angry at, not me.

But who's reading this thread Brian?  It's just a bunch of people who've already heard your spiel.  This is a pretty closed group.  Nothing said in here is going viral.  You've got your message out to everyone already.  Trying to shoehorn it into every thread is just going to make people resent you, and some of that resentment might rub off on the message you keep repeating over and over.  You're effectively hurting your own cause.
(January 28, 2018 at 12:20 pm)Brian37 Wrote:

Boru

For whats sake? 

Hilarious
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Identity Politics The Grand Nudger 52 3420 February 14, 2019 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  People who watch fox news know less about the world than people who watch no news. downbeatplumb 5 2956 December 13, 2011 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  tea party less liked than atheists &Muslims. Oldandeasilyconfused 3 2029 August 18, 2011 at 6:22 am
Last Post: Jaysyn