Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In a stunning show of support for our troops, we seek to deport a vet with PTSD.
In a stunning show of support for our troops, we seek to deport a vet with PTSD.
Quote:U.S. Army veteran and green card holder with a felony drug conviction began a hunger strike Wednesday to protest his likely deportation, after a federal court denied his appeal to remain in the U.S., where he has lived since age 8.

Miguel Perez Jr., 39, a Chicago resident who served two tours of duty in Afghanistan and recently finished a prison term on a drug conviction, had sought to remain in the U.S., arguing his life would be in danger if he were deported to Mexico, where drug cartels target veterans with combat experience to work on their behalf, or else.

Quote:After his military service, Perez sought treatment at the Veterans Affairs hospital in Maywood, where doctors diagnosed him with post-traumatic stress disorder. He was supposed to return for more tests to determine whether he also had a traumatic brain injury.

In the meantime, he reconnected with a childhood friend who provided free drugs and alcohol. On Nov. 26, 2008, while with that friend, Perez handed a laptop case containing cocaine to an undercover officer. Perez pleaded guilty to the drug charge and served half of a 15-year prison sentence.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local...story.html

Fuck him, he was probably one of those fakers that disgraced former admin hack was talking about, besides, he's a mexican.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: In a stunning show of support for our troops, we seek to deport a vet with PTSD.
I read somewhere that he was caught with 2 pounds of cocaine but a plea deal reduced the conviction to less that 100 grams.

Regardless, if you are a permanent resident you have to follow the law. A felony conviction is grounds for canceling your residency and deporting you. This isn't like DACA, this guy committed a crime.

Also I don't believe his excuse that he thought he was a citizen because he joined the army.
RE: In a stunning show of support for our troops, we seek to deport a vet with PTSD.
Well, they do use that as a recruiting tool, you realize..and he's been here since he was 8?  There's simply no universe in which I'm willing to deport a vet of multiple tours with ptsd, who did his time. It's too easy for our government to villify a mexican found with coke and sentence him to murder by deportation. That's the New Cruelty.

Telling me that those are the rules..doesn't make them right. Call me back when we start deporting white meth dealers in rural america that never served.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blinken practices Liberal Appeasement: "Do not support Taiwan's Independence". Nishant Xavier 37 2000 June 21, 2023 at 10:10 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Buy the new US military rifle before the troops get them onlinebiker 35 1941 April 25, 2022 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  US troops and Afghans killed in suicide attacks outside Kabul airport WinterHold 3 574 August 26, 2021 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Troops to leave Afghanistan by 9/11/21 Brian37 10 1906 April 16, 2021 at 12:21 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Dems don't show up. onlinebiker 14 704 October 23, 2020 at 7:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I officially support Biden in the US elections WinterHold 34 2416 October 22, 2020 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Border Control Gets Bipartisan Support onlinebiker 20 1360 August 6, 2020 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  US and Taliban sign deal to withdraw American troops from Afghanistan WinterHold 50 3505 March 8, 2020 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  BREAKING: First Images of Saudi Nuclear Reactor Show Plant Nearing Finish WinterHold 0 280 April 3, 2019 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Oh yeah he loves the Troops Amarok 6 988 November 10, 2018 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Minimalist