Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Effective Dialog?
Effective Dialog?
WEST LAFAYETTE, IN—According to a recent study released by Purdue University, the most effective way to exchange ideas with another person is to immediately call that person a Nazi.

[Image: nazi2-696x371.png]

Babylon Bee
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
RE: Effective Dialog?
Just so we're all clear, you do know the Babylon Bee is a satirical news site modeled on The Onion, right?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I disagree! "Fucking Asshole" is far more effective!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

sounds cruel but true as f
You know what else is part of an effective dialog? Not tap dancing and beating around the bush!
Also spelling 'dialogue' correctly.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Lol. Some people sure seem to think so. Same with pointing out logical fallacies, it's actually just a sneaky way of people trying to feel smug and be smarter than the other person, not a dialog tool at all.

It also is something that has sprung almost entirely from the internet, internet forum people seem to think that philosophy and debate consists the of memorizing a list of logical fallacies and then pointing them out as frequently as possible and declaring victory, preferably with a really snarky meme.

(February 21, 2018 at 6:35 am)Cyberman Wrote: Also spelling 'dialogue' correctly.

Grammar Nazi! That is literally what Hitler would say.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Aww, poor roadrunner is butthurt that his views are being accurately described. As I said before; dickless coward.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Would this have still applied in Nazi Germany though?
(February 21, 2018 at 7:04 am)Wololo Wrote: Aww, poor roadrunner is butthurt that his views are being accurately described. As I said before; dickless coward.

You sir, are literally Adolph Hitler.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LOTR, the effective version. leo-rcc 0 1314 December 22, 2008 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc