Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Adoption Not Abortion Crowd Should Take Notice
The Adoption Not Abortion Crowd Should Take Notice
No system is foolproof.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43159509

Quote:Arizona couple charged with locking up adopted children

Quote:A couple in Arizona have been charged with locking up their adopted children for up to 12 hours at a time with only a bucket for a toilet.
Benito and Carol Gutierrez are accused of keeping the four children, aged between six and 12, locked in rooms with no light or food.
Police were alerted when one boy left the house in Tucson.
He entered a shop to call a relative, but an employee called police because of concerns about the boy's appearance.
RE: The Adoption Not Abortion Crowd Should Take Notice
So we should abort children to keep the few bad adoptive parents from abusing them. Got it.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
No.

We should vet those who adopt kids more rigourously and have regular, random checks.
Dying to live, living to die.
Yeah..showing a few bad examples of adoptive parents doesn't really have anything to do with abortion. There are plenty of shitty biological parents too, and I certainly wouldn't say that supports abortion either.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
The answer to both of you is that we can't afford that either.  In almost every state the CPS function is underfunded.

And C/L... you have this rosy view of adoption which does not always match reality.
This isn't really an argument for or against abortion. The notion that children should be aborted on the off chance that they might be adopted by abusive people is, quite frankly, pretty fucking stupid. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
All I know is when I saw the numbers of Planned Parenthood's abortions, nearly 329,000 in 2017 all I could think of is; what if women were forced to not have abortions so they carried those 300,000 kids to term and since they obviously didn't want the kids they would go into the system. Another 300,000 children when so many are already suffering in it. Thank goodness for Planned Parenthood.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
Adoption and Abortion are both acceptable choices.

I wonder though, how many kids these anti-choice people are willing to take in? Because my bet is it's 0. And if it's any, they probably want to take in a baby, preferably from a foreign country. Teens rarely get adopted, and go through foster hell. Outlawing abortion would further overcrowd the foster system without willing families to adopt them. And there are a LOT of bad families out there foster kids go into.

Oh and of course our same 'pro-life' people don't want gay couples adopting. Thus overcrowding the system even more (including three of my grandchildren who were adopted by my daughter and her wife)
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
(February 22, 2018 at 3:00 pm)Divinity Wrote: Adoption and Abortion are both acceptable choices.  

I wonder though, how many kids these anti-choice people are willing to take in?  Because my bet is it's 0.  And if it's any, they probably want to take in a baby, preferably from a foreign country.  Teens rarely get adopted, and go through foster hell.  Outlawing abortion would further overcrowd the foster system without willing families to adopt them.  And there are a LOT of bad families out there foster kids go into.  

Oh and of course our same 'pro-life' people don't want gay couples adopting.  Thus overcrowding the system even more (including three of my grandchildren who were adopted by my daughter and her wife)
Many of them talk the talk . But do not walk the walk .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(February 22, 2018 at 1:33 pm)Minimalist Wrote: No system is foolproof.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43159509

Quote:Arizona couple charged with locking up adopted children

Quote:A couple in Arizona have been charged with locking up their adopted children for up to 12 hours at a time with only a bucket for a toilet.
Benito and Carol Gutierrez are accused of keeping the four children, aged between six and 12, locked in rooms with no light or food.
Police were alerted when one boy left the house in Tucson.
He entered a shop to call a relative, but an employee called police because of concerns about the boy's appearance.

Hey, don't knock "adoption not abortion". It was a great success in Ireland.

They are so successful that only 6,000-8,000 Irish women have an abortion every year (from the link provided, the underestimate for NHS England & Wales, NHS Scotland is a separate body that doesn't collect similar statistics, is by their own estimate about 33% below actual figures, other foreign countries which women travel to don't provide any stats and the numbers for abortion pills are a gross underestimate).

See, forcing women to break the law to protect their lives, their health and their mental state clearly does work.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If Abortion Becomes Illegal onlinebiker 36 2736 May 8, 2022 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Performers Should Speak Up or Not Attend Saudi Music Festival WinterHold 9 582 December 15, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  How many voices will it take? Brian37 20 1172 July 15, 2021 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Supreme Court To Take Up Right to Carry Firearm Outside Home onlinebiker 57 2168 April 29, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Arkansas abortion bill, Roe vs. Wade brewer 23 1231 March 17, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Take them to Detroit,,,,,, Or prison... Brian37 70 3225 October 15, 2020 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Thumbs Down Gun Control Crowd Safer? - and a control group onlinebiker 131 9663 April 21, 2020 at 5:24 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Trump puts Amazon, Alibaba on notice for sale of counterfeit goods Fake Messiah 5 569 April 4, 2019 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Abortion Stats - Something doesn't add up. Minimalist 15 1405 November 23, 2018 at 1:29 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Notice The Orange Turdfuhrer Hasn't Been Talking About Stocks Lately? Minimalist 3 462 October 24, 2018 at 6:16 pm
Last Post: brewer