Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cee Lo Green
Cee Lo Green
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc0mxOXbWIU
RE: Cee Lo Green
I was outraged that it had been changed for radio airtime, there's nothing wrong with a little swearing on the radio.
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
Loved the Fuck you version. And even the radio edit is catchy. But it's been played to death now, especially at the club I work at where the DJ insists on playing it at least twice a night.
(November 13, 2010 at 2:48 pm)Shinylight Wrote: I was outraged that it had been changed for radio airtime, there's nothing wrong with a little swearing on the radio.

And people remove the part about no religion in John Lennon's Imagine, or edit the part about making love in the green grass behind the stadium in Van Morrison's Brown Eyed Girl. People who censor works of beauty like that for radio are dead inside and have no business being in charge of anything even remotely related to the arts and media.
Well there you go. Never heard the real version. Nice ;-).
The radio stations here don't broadcast a cleaned version but this one. I didn't even know there was a cleaned up version.

Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
The cleaned up version uses the lyrics "Forget you and forget her, too", which actually works pretty well. It just doesn't have the same impact. It's a ridiculously catchy song either way, but the real version is just more... genuine sounding. I bought the CD a couple days ago and it's quite good (if you like that kind of music), though the rest of it isn't filled with swearing and such.