Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi guys!
Hi guys!
A friend suggested I drop in to say hi, and I thought it was certainly about time I did that.

Things have been going really well for me. I have almost finished my level 3 diploma in accounting, and I've been helping friends out with their books. I have been volunteering at a cat sanctuary, where I talk to the public, spend time with the cats, help with admin and do whatever else I can. I've been really enjoying it and it's been great for my confidence.

A part-time receptionist job has come up there, and although I never thought I'd ever have the energy to do it, several people at the sanctuary (and my wife) urged me to go for it. I applied, and somehow I have an interview on Thursday! I'm really scared, since if I get the job, I'll lose my ESA benefit, and I'm worried I'll crash out and not be able to do the job. I'd then have to reapply for the benefit. (I have ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.) But I'm trying not to be negative. My body tells me I can do this, and it would be a crushing blow to my depression. This could turn my life around.

The operation to fix my intestines seems to have been a complete success, and I've been gradually eating more and more things. It's been going so well, I'm now not far off a normal diet! I've eaten just about everything now. It's been amazing to eat proper food again (I was on an extremely bland diet for about 6 years).

My wife, doggy, hamster and two rabbits are all doing very well.

How are you all doing? I've missed you.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Hi guys!
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
ROB!!!!!

Oh how we've missed you!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Hey, man.  Que pasa?
Well, shit howdy! Welcome back! Good to see that your health is improving. Some people around here need to experience the chainsaw. <nods>
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Hey!! So good to see you around! I’m glad to hear you’re doing well. Sure have missed seeing you here
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Oh NOW you decide to come back to us!

Well, it's too late to come back grovelling (you ARE grovelling, right?).

I've already forgotten who you are!

Seriously, though, where's that money you owe me??

😠
Dying to live, living to die.
RRRRROOOOOBBBBBBB!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

How are you man
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Nice to see your face (avatar) back here Rob. You were one of my favorites.

I must still disagree over the issue of why you left. That should be addressed in another thread, though.

Welcome back, brother. Kiss
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Glad to hear you are doing well.

Welcome

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One for the guys onlinebiker 15 732 October 5, 2020 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  You guys heard of Turo? ignoramus 21 1483 December 10, 2019 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: GUBU
Music Hey guys what type of music do you like? I believe in Harry Potter 35 3143 November 16, 2019 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Alex K
  The "good guys" - models of kindness and tolerance onlinebiker 26 1732 November 9, 2018 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Any of you guys experience this? (Part 2) Foxaèr 6 1697 June 18, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Any other guys experience this? Foxaèr 61 8490 April 16, 2018 at 11:01 am
Last Post: johan
  This happen to any other guys? Foxaèr 47 9325 March 22, 2018 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  For the GUYS only here... A quick poll... Joods 102 7121 March 8, 2018 at 6:52 am
Last Post: Joods
  What do you think guys? purplepurpose 15 1719 January 25, 2018 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Guys, is she a bit funny in the head? ignoramus 12 2139 December 24, 2017 at 6:51 am
Last Post: GUBU