Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Attica" octopus style...
Music 
"Attica" octopus style...
In light of a recent thread I want to take the time to remind others that other species of life are not as dumb as we'd like to think.

At time stamp 7 mins 30 seconds in. 

RE: "Attica" octopus style...
I am so sick about hearing how cool and smart octopuses are.  Ok, they're pretty clever for a mollusk, granted.  But trust me - you take them out of the water, drop them into the Arctic, and they'll lose a fight with a polar bear ten times out of ten.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I'm betting polar bears can't predict football results though.
They can if you put them on the team.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intelligence, Consciousness and Soul, oh my; Sy Montgomery's "The Soul of an Octopus" Whateverist 11 2161 February 2, 2016 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Evolution in action? Octopus using a tool. Oldandeasilyconfused 30 11923 January 5, 2010 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet