Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DrOz brings up NDEs on today's show.
DrOz brings up NDEs on today's show.
I turned that shit off during the opening tease. He talked about other doctors "rethinking" life after death. I am soooooooo tired of this shit.

Are some doctors who have religious beliefs? Sure, but that isn't objective regardless.

There is a HUGE difference between coming out of "clinical death" which in medical terms ONLY means the medical staff could not find vitals. But even then, if you come back, YOU WERE NEVER DEAD, it just means you were still within a window, with just enough juice, even if not detected. The same thing would NOT happen if the head is blown off or decapitated for example.

You can be clinically dead and come back yes, a lot like you can recharge a "dead battery", but just like your brain, if you blow up that battery beyond repair you won't be able to put it back together.

Permanent death is when you are beyond that window to the point enough cells and neurons are beyond repair. Nobody comes back from permanent death.

I knew right at the point my mom stopped moving and breathing she was not going to come back. She did not jump out of the casket at the funeral home after she died.

Near only means near.
RE: DrOz brings up NDEs on today's show.
What can be a bigger scam than someone selling you something that you can only have when you die?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
The lie that death is the door to an afterlife, that humans have an intrinsic immortal component, is as old as the world, and will not go away, but it will increase until the whole world believes it.

In the future the world will witness lot's of evidence for it, like the deceased appearing and talking with them. Note that ancestral worship is strong in pagan beliefs. NDE talk is just one of many avenues to promote the lie.

Satan has perpetuated the lie since the beginning, when he spoke through the serpent to Eve, declaring that disobedience to God will not result in death, but that they will "surely not die."

While he has successfully duped the world into accepting this false doctrine, he hasn't been permitted by God to verify it through miracles on the scale he wishes.

God forbade the Israelites to consult with those who make supposed contact with the dead, because of the convincing lies and apparitions.
King Saul consulted such a person and ended up believing the verdict about his standing with God, that he was rejected by God, when in fact God had not rejected him as a human, but only as the king.
Saul believed the lie and later committed suicide, instead of having the courage to call on God for help.

The purpose of the lie is manifold, but it basically says that people are not dependent on the everyday power of life from God, and such a philosophy is applied to spiritual independency, where people assume that their own beliefs are as good as God's word. "The god within."

Satan knows that a real relationship with God depends on trust and obedience, and in getting people to communicate to the dead he hopes to instill a whole set of beliefs, that separate people from God through disobedience.

Satan doesn't care if atheism is the means by which people are totally ignorant of his existence and plans. It works well that he is thought of as a total myth.
And in religion he paints himslef as a half animal or whatever, when in fact he was the most powerful and intelligent created being.
Satan is a scary story for the weak minded.

And a trick by Loki to cause a distraction from his existence.
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 23, 2018 at 6:49 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Satan is a scary story for the weak minded.

And a trick by Loki to cause a distraction from his existence.

Something like that.

NDE's are typcially gobbled up by churches and embellished with stories about going to heaven and hell etc.
Knowing what the Bible says about heaven and hell, makes it very easy to recognize the experiences (and lies) about NDE's.

I have yet to hear a correct view of heaven, one that is not a collection of prevalent ideas.
Hell is talked about in the pagan sense, and has nothing to do with the Biblical concept of the grave and nothing more.
Hell is thrown into the lake of fire in the end, which means that death and burials are over.
But the doctrine of an everlasting torture is a lie.
(March 23, 2018 at 6:18 pm)Banned Wrote: The lie that death is the door to an afterlife, that humans have an intrinsic immortal component, is as old as the world, and will not go away, but it will increase until the whole world believes it.

In the future the world will witness lot's of evidence for it, like the deceased appearing and talking with them. Note that ancestral worship is strong in pagan beliefs. NDE talk is just one of many avenues to promote the lie.

Satan has perpetuated the lie since the beginning, when he spoke through the serpent to Eve, declaring that disobedience to God will not result in death, but that they will "surely not die."

While he has successfully duped the world into accepting this false doctrine, he hasn't been permitted by God to verify it through miracles on the scale he wishes.

God forbade the Israelites to consult with those who make supposed contact with the dead, because of the convincing lies and apparitions.
King Saul consulted such a person and ended up believing the verdict about his standing with God, that he was rejected by God, when in fact God had not rejected him as a human, but only as the king.
Saul believed the lie and later committed suicide, instead of having the courage to call on God for help.

The purpose of the lie is manifold, but it basically says that people are not dependent on the everyday power of life from God, and such a philosophy is applied to spiritual independency, where people assume that their own beliefs are as good as God's word. "The god within."

Satan knows that a real relationship with God depends on trust and obedience, and in getting people to communicate to the dead he hopes to instill a whole set of beliefs, that separate people from God through disobedience.

Satan doesn't care if atheism is the means by which people are totally ignorant of his existence and plans. It works well that he is thought of as a total myth.
And in religion he paints himslef as a half animal or whatever, when in fact he was the most powerful and intelligent created being.

No, we do not have an "intrinsic immortal component". You are your brain, that is it, once you die, you die. Humans merely wish the idea was true. 

I am sorry someone scared you with the bullshit comic book ground troll "Satan" , but that is your baggage not ours.

The good news is there is no hell to burn in, but there is no heaven either. Atheists do not advocate lawlessness. We wont eat your babies or barbecue your kittens. We have joy in our lives too, we feel love too. The only difference is that we don't assign any good or bad that may happen in life to comic book characters. Nothing bad will happen to you if you figure out this is the only life you get. You can still do good and be good and enjoy life.
(March 16, 2018 at 10:12 am)Brian37 Wrote: I turned that shit off during the opening tease. He talked about other doctors "rethinking" life after death. I am soooooooo tired of this shit.
[/quote]

I can’t stand that fucking quack.  He should have his medical license revoked. I honestly can’t tell if he’s crazy or a just liar.  For a dietitian like myself, the sound of his name is like nails on a chalkboard.  I remember seeing a commercial for one of his shows about how carbs “cause” Alzheimer’s.  What a DICK.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(March 24, 2018 at 8:57 am)Brian37 Wrote: ... You can still do good and be good and enjoy life.

And after that you are putz.
(March 25, 2018 at 4:40 am)Banned Wrote:
(March 24, 2018 at 8:57 am)Brian37 Wrote: ... You can still do good and be good and enjoy life.

And after that you are putz.

I won't be a "putz" after I die just like I wasn't a "putz" 4 billion years ago when I didn't exist either. 

What do you think would be so scary if you suddenly found out that this is the only life you get? A slow painful death scares me. The thought of my loved ones missing me scares me. But not existing doesn't. Do you think a cockroach has an afterlife? How about a pre life? Humans are NOT an apex, or special to evolution or the universe. We are merely one species and just as finite as any other species.

You go to a movie knowing it ends, but you still go. You go to a music concert knowing it ends, but you still go. You go to  a sporting event, one team wins, one team loses, and it too ends, but you still go. You read a book knowing it has a last page, but you still read it. Knowing life ends, and this is the only one you get, does not make one pessimistic or fatalistic. I still value law, and non violence and empathy and still feel love. I still have ups and downs yes. The only thing I don't do is assign good or bad to old mythology.

My late mother printed out a saying for me long ago, "Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened".

I am sorry it bothers you I don't buy your claims. But I do not need a God or religion to live my life. I am perfectly fine with being finite. No, it does not mean I want to kill myself. It just means I don't chalk "all this" up to superstitions.
(March 25, 2018 at 12:25 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(March 25, 2018 at 4:40 am)Banned Wrote: And after that you are putz.

I won't be a "putz" after I die just like I wasn't a "putz" 4 billion years ago when I didn't exist either. 

What do you think would be so scary if you suddenly found out that this is the only life you get? A slow painful death scares me. The thought of my loved ones missing me scares me. But not existing doesn't. Do you think a cockroach has an afterlife? How about a pre life? Humans are NOT an apex, or special to evolution or the universe. We are merely one species and just as finite as any other species.

You go to a movie knowing it ends, but you still go. You go to a music concert knowing it ends, but you still go. You go to  a sporting event, one team wins, one team loses, and it too ends, but you still go. You read a book knowing it has a last page, but you still read it. Knowing life ends, and this is the only one you get, does not make one pessimistic or fatalistic. I still value law, and non violence and empathy and still feel love. I still have ups and downs yes. The only thing I don't do is assign good or bad to old mythology.

My late mother printed out a saying for me long ago, "Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened".

I am sorry it bothers you I don't buy your claims. But I do not need a God or religion to live my life. I am perfectly fine with being finite. No, it does not mean I want to kill myself. It just means I don't chalk "all this" up to superstitions.

kudos to you, and many happy times.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey Cosmos fans: you're about to get another Neil deGrasse Tyson TV show. Mudhammam 14 2406 February 14, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  SpaceX Dragon launch today Alex K 0 667 January 6, 2015 at 3:35 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Dawkins on the Daily Show tonight. Brian37 5 2278 September 26, 2013 at 6:33 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Dumbest statement you've heard today Norfolk And Chance 34 7148 January 15, 2012 at 9:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger