Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask a RoadRunner
Ask a RoadRunner
It seems that a common objection as of late, is that I run from questions.   It seems to me, that this is often in an attempt to divert the subject away from it's current course and onto me.  And sometime if I feel this is the case, then I do try to get the discussion back to the ideas, rather than the people involved.

But in any case, It seems that the best way to handle this accusation is to invite people to ask any questions they like.  If there is a question that you think I'm avoiding or don't wish to discuss, then ask away.  If you are curious about something (anything) about me, then feel free to ask.   I'll do my best to answer in an honest and as direct of a manner as I can.

Now some caveats;  the purpose of this thread is to answer questions, not to debate the topics.   Questions will be taken in order, and further questions may be asked, but try to keep the questions in a form, that doesn't rely on previous context (again not a debate), and that are not just making statements.  Some questions can be quite involved in answering.  I'll do my best to answer, but please realize that some things may need to be truncated in order for brevity and to get to others questions.  Some things may be more complex than can be properly fit into a few paragraphs, so not every answer may be complete in a way that thoroughly covers the topic.

So, do you have any questions?
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
RE: Ask a RoadRunner
So, what do you think will happen if Wile E. Coyote ever manages to catch you?!?

Tongue
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(March 17, 2018 at 3:07 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote: So, what do you think will happen if Wile E. Coyote ever manages to catch you?!?

Tongue

He wouldn't know what to do.... see here  https://www.retroist.com/2009/06/09/does...oadrunner/
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
What kind of motorcycle do you ride?
I believe in life before death.
I'm kind of new here and haven't seen too many of your posts. Are you a christian? If so, kindly describe, in general, what theology you adhere to or lean towards. Denomination if you prefer. Thanks.
(March 17, 2018 at 3:11 pm)Antares Wrote: What kind of motorcycle do you ride?

I currently have a Victory Cross Country in my collection of 1 motorcycle.   I started out on a Honda Ace 750, which I had for 11 years.  It was a great bike, and I met some great friends online (which is how I started out in forums) in the ACE group.  We still try to get together once a year or so, for a roundup of the East Coast guys.

The Victory is a great bike,  unfortunately Polaris had the wisdom to make a perfect bike, but not the know how to sell it.  They decided to put all their eggs into the inferior Indian brand.
Yeah, I hate to see Victory go. Nice bike you have. I had a '03 Harley Night Train. Currently down to a Suzuki DR 650. A fun little one-lunger dual purpose bike. All the best bro
I believe in life before death.
(March 17, 2018 at 3:14 pm)rskovride Wrote: I'm kind of new here and haven't seen too many of your posts.  Are you a christian? If so, kindly describe, in general, what theology you adhere to or lean towards.  Denomination if you prefer.  Thanks.

I am a Christian.  As to my theology, I'm a Protestant or as the Credo House Ministries and I prefer it to be called a "reformer" (not protesting something but renewing the Church).  I believe in the two books of God, which if you are unfamiliar with the phrase, means that I look to the Bible, and the book of nature (or the book of God's works) to understand how things are.  Which means that I believe that both are true although we may have a misunderstanding in our interpretation of either.  I could also be described as a soft Calvinist.  Which just means that I in general agree with the Calvinistic ideologies, but also think that some get too legalistic with them.  I generally find myself in agreement with most of the modern apologist and thinkers, but also find great value in the early Church thinkers as well.
What is the significance of your user name?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(March 17, 2018 at 3:36 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: What is the significance of your user name?

When I first started posting on forums, it was in the ACE750 group on delphi forums which was my first bike.  When I made my account, I was trying to come up with a username.  I had a mouse pad from my internet provider which was roadrunner cable.  This seemed like a good name for a motorcycle forum (I'm may not be the most creative person).  Plus, as a 38 year old man, I'm not ashamed to say that I still love Looney Tunes.  Even the ones that are now banned for being politically incorrect.