Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
introducteriness
introducteriness
ummm...New here...dammit I already screwed up.  Of course, I'm new here....jeezus !! I told myself I wasn't going to say anything stupid....and yet....there I go.  I should have taken that course on forum introduction 40 years ago when I was in high school.  Reset, reset !!  Hello, how are you ?  I'm fine. Thank you . 

I am old, cynical, bald and gray bearded, irritable at times,  can't hear well out of my right ear.  I love animals, laughing  and long walks on quiet beaches.  My parents had relations 55 or so years ago here in Texas and that explains my existence...doesn't explain why I've allowed it to go on for so long....but I can do that sometime as I have lots of words.

I am an atheist without much of an outlet for my random atheistic thoughts so I googled some things....and then I found you ..... ( such a good line.....if I wasn't so happily married I could use it sometime....you know when the whole meeting people in the produce section of Krogers proves ....fruitless.....bah hah...)

I apologize in advance for things .  If I ever upset you, please know that I'm on your side and if you think otherwise, it is only because I have misrepresented my feelings...and for that....well....already apologized in advance....so nothing more to say here.

Thank you for your time and patience........

Paulie
RE: introducteriness
Welcome.  I'm even older than you.  Always good to hear from a Texas atheist.  Such a rare breed.
What's your opinion on Hitler and his ideology?
Welcome to AF.org, Paulie!
(March 23, 2018 at 11:42 am)purplepurpose Wrote: What's your opinion on Hitler and his ideology?

He existed and so did or perhaps does his ideology.  I suppose I could say....he was a bad bad man and he had bad bad thoughts.  What's you're opinion on litmus tests ? Personally, I get irritated by them.
Welcome!
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(March 23, 2018 at 11:41 am)Minimalist Wrote: Welcome.  I'm even older than you.  Always good to hear from a Texas atheist.  Such a rare breed.

Ahhh......good thing age is just a number, I say.  Yes to the rarity of Texas atheists.....Thank you for the "welcome"....might have expected...maybe even preferred a "howdy pardner".... Big Grin
Welcome and howdy fellow old coot!

Hopefully dogs are high on your list.

Edit: Shit, ya ninja'd me on the howdy.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Hola!
Welcome Big Grin
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(March 23, 2018 at 12:23 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Welcome and howdy fellow old coot!

Hopefully dogs are high on your list.

Edit: Shit, ya ninja'd me on the howdy.

Love dogs....two of them live with us.

Ninja-ing is one of my secret super powers.....