Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inspiration
Inspiration

Seeing people with those kind hellish diseases, I am grateful for being healthy and able to work.
RE: Inspiration
I know, right?
Like, if I think about it, I am so lucky. I have all my limbs and no crippling diseases. I am so glad I am not in that small number of people who have something serious to deal with. I mean, I don't know what the hell I'd do if I was not able to get a job.

But, I have to ask, why is this in the "atheism" subforum? It doesn't seem to be related to atheism to me.
The bugle sounds as the charge begins

But on this battlefield no one wins

- Iron Maiden, The Trooper
RE: Inspiration
I met Dean at my daughter's school last year and he's a top guy.
Within minutes of meeting him you forget he's got a problem because he doesn't act like he does.
So, in my opinion, it's not feeling lucky that you got it better than him, it's feeling like the obstacles are mostly in your head, not everyone else's.
Just like strong rocks that divert water in a stream, the world will shape itself around a strong mind.