Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List Posts
List Posts
I would like to propose a new rule whereby list-of-questions type posts be limited to no more than ten questions. Looking at you, Hammy. 😡

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: List Posts
No one should consider themselves compelled to answer questionnaires here.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

1) How should this new rule be worded?

2) Where should this rule fit in the current rules list?

3) What punishment should occur for violations of this rule?

4) Should punishments be greater for multiple violations?

5) Is this rule really just an overreaction to one member?

6) Should we hold a public forum on this new rule, and ask for suggestions from the membership?

7) Should we consider just banning question list threads completely?

8) If we don't ban list threads, should we create a forum specifically for question list threads?

9) Alternatively, should we require that all threads from now on include a list of questions for thread participants to answer?

10) Why stop at lists, can we include multiple choice surveys, essay questions, etc?

11) What's wrong with more than 10 questions?
(April 5, 2018 at 12:01 pm)Tiberius Wrote: 1) How should this new rule be worded?

a. As site owner, is the wording of rules inportant to you?

b. Why or why not?

Quote:2) Where should this rule fit in the current rules list?

a. Can we put it the end?

b. Can we put it at the beginning?

c. Can we put it in the middle?

c1. If we put it in the middle will people be less likely to read it?
    c2. If we put it at the end, will people quit reading before they get to it?

Quote:3) What punishment should occur for violations of this rule?

a. Would a permaban be too harsh?
     a1. Why?
     a2. Why not?

b. How long should a temp ban last for violating this rule?

b1. A week
     b2. Two weeks
     b3. Three weeks
     b4. More than three weeks?
     b5. Less than a week?

*explain your answer

Quote:4) Should punishments be greater for multiple violations?

1. Please write a paragraph no less than 200 words and no more than 500 words explaining how many violations of the rule you think should constitute a temporary ban.

2. Do the same, but for permabans

Quote:]5) Is this rule really just an overreaction to one member?

How can we go about determining this?  Each moderator please submit a proposal for how we can determine the answer to this question to Tibs, no later than 5pm today.  

Quote:6) Should we hold a public forum on this new rule, and ask for suggestions from the membership?

Yes!

a. When should we hold it?

b. Should we make a separate thread?

c. Does the vote have to be unanimous?

c1. If not unanimous, then how many?
          a. More than half?
          b. More than two thirds?

Quote:7) Should we consider just banning question list threads completely?

I’m starting to wonder...

Quote:8) If we don't ban list threads, should we create a forum specifically for question list threads?

a. Can we make lists about those lists within the list forum, or should we make a forum for that?

Quote:9) Alternatively, should we require that all threads from now on include a list of questions for thread participants to answer?

Do you mean at AF?  Or at the list forum?  Or at the list, sublist forum?  Yes to all.

Quote:10) Why stop at lists, can we include multiple choice surveys, essay questions, etc?

I like Choose Your Own Adventures

Quote:11) What's wrong with more than 10 questions?

Please answer this question in the form of a 10 page research paper (no longer than 15 pages please), and be sure to use MLA citation for all sources referenced.  (Minimum, twenty sources.  No Wikipedia).
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(April 5, 2018 at 11:25 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I would like to propose a new rule whereby list-of-questions type posts be limited to no more than ten questions. Looking at you, Hammy. 😡

Boru

So you're basically saying that you propose the staff implement a rule that censors or limits what someone is allowed to post if said post is in question form - no matter the topic? Simply because you are too lazy to utilize the block feature on the site, or you simply can't be bothered to scroll past the one person's posts without getting angry? Got it.

Way to trample our 1st amendment rights here. Also - this thread is calling out another member, which is against the rules. Perhaps you should read the rules and follow the ones already in place before suggesting new ones get added.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Oh, Christ in a cardy.  I take 30 seconds out of my busy, busy schedule to propose an idea to improve the forum and I get nothing but grief. I'm so upset I'm going to have go create a list with 78 questions. That'll show yez. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I dare you.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(April 5, 2018 at 12:01 pm)Tiberius Wrote: 1) How should this new rule be worded?

2) Where should this rule fit in the current rules list?

3) What punishment should occur for violations of this rule?

4) Should punishments be greater for multiple violations?

5) Is this rule really just an overreaction to one member?

6) Should we hold a public forum on this new rule, and ask for suggestions from the membership?

7) Should we consider just banning question list threads completely?

8) If we don't ban list threads, should we create a forum specifically for question list threads?

9) Alternatively, should we require that all threads from now on include a list of questions for thread participants to answer?

10) Why stop at lists, can we include multiple choice surveys, essay questions, etc?

11) What's wrong with more than 10 questions?

Ninja'd
(April 5, 2018 at 2:08 pm)Joods Wrote: I dare you.

Now he will!

Tongue
Dying to live, living to die.
Goal accomplished then.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up [Serious] Please permit me insert persian paragraphs in my posts Anti.Enslave 5 52 Yesterday at 12:42 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  A request to delete my posts in the members photo thread WinterHold 30 4815 July 1, 2020 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Today's Posts? Yonadav 9 1686 March 23, 2019 at 1:00 am
Last Post: Sal
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Is there a quick way to view new posts in an existing thread? fromdownunder 6 1396 September 18, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Buddy List Alerts Foxaèr 15 3446 May 2, 2018 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What is the "Buddy List" for? Why must we request/give consent? Whateverist 16 2580 November 3, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: shadow
  Issue with clicking "View New Posts" Foxaèr 5 1411 July 23, 2017 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Spam Detection (READ THIS IF YOUR POSTS KEEP DISAPPEARING) Tiberius 30 16162 July 4, 2017 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  All posts in this thread have vanished! Aroura 0 1066 February 15, 2017 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: Aroura