Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Eye of a Needle
The Eye of a Needle
I have this great idea for a book! I'm really quite proud of myself, what do you think?

A rich man decides to genetically engineer a camel to be small enough to pass through the eye of a needle. This way, when he gets to the gates of heaven, he figures he can use logic to overcome the bible verse that basically dooms him to hell. Just before death, he gets exactly what he wants. A camel small enough to pass through the eye of a needle. "Amazing, I've won" he says with his last breath. When his body and brain lose all energy and functionality.... well... nothing. There is no god.
RE: The Eye of a Needle
Go for it.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Wouldn't it be easier to just make a big fucking needle? All kinds of idiots could do that.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 7, 2018 at 10:09 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Wouldn't it be easier to just make a big fucking needle? All kinds of idiots could do that.

That was my thinking, as well. He could just have faith that his giant needle would work. Once he's dead, how is he going to know, anyway? Angel
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
BIBLE: NOT TO BE TAKEN LITERALLY. MOULD IT TO SUIT YOUR OWN PREJUDICES LIKE ALL GOOD CHRISTIANS.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(April 7, 2018 at 8:27 pm)Quixotic Wrote: I have this great idea for a book! I'm really quite proud of myself, what do you think?

A rich man decides to genetically engineer a camel to be small enough to pass through the eye of a needle. This way, when he gets to the gates of heaven, he figures he can use logic to overcome the bible verse that basically dooms him to hell. Just before death, he gets exactly what he wants. A camel small enough to pass through the eye of a needle. "Amazing, I've won" he says with his last breath. When his body and brain lose all energy and functionality.... well... nothing. There is no god.

Sounds more like a short story.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.