Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 9:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it time for Arab Muslims to abandon Islam?
Is it time for Arab Muslims to abandon Islam?
Very big news are circulating in the media today about the "Arab Summit" of 2018.

https://www.ap.org/live-and-location-ser...rab-summit

The summit is expected by some to be "the turning point" for the whole region in terms of accepting Israel as a "de-facto" state, and the implicit official Saudi Arabian withdrawal from the use of Islam in formulating the faith of the state.

My expectation is that Israel will be acknowledged officially as "a legitimate state", and that the time for reshaping the middle east in accordance to that vision had finally come.

Looks like Saudi Arabia -after manufacturing Wahhabism- is abandoning it officially alone with Islam.
RE: Is it time for Arab Muslims to abandon Islam?
(April 9, 2018 at 10:26 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: Very big news are circulating in the media today about the "Arab Summit" of 2018.

https://www.ap.org/live-and-location-ser...rab-summit

The summit is expected by some to be "the turning point" for the whole region in terms of accepting Israel as a "de-facto" state, and the implicit official Saudi Arabian withdrawal from the use of Islam in formulating the faith of the state.

My expectation is that Israel will be acknowledged officially as "a legitimate state", and that the time for reshaping the middle east in accordance to that vision had finally come.

Looks like Saudi Arabia -after manufacturing Wahhabism- is abandoning it officially alone with Islam.

Atlass, to be fair. It ALSO annoys the fuck out of me that Israel has a fundy nut in Bibi, that wants a Talmud based Constitution, and that is as much a BULLSHIT argument that I hear from Christians here who argue "Christian Nation".

Having said that, nobody is going to rid a planet of  7 billion completely of any religion. But I would like to see government neutrality in both Israel and it's surrounding Islamic counterparts. Will that happen? That is a completely different story.

I am quite fair to Christians and Muslims and Jews very equally. THEY ARE NOT RACES, all of them are religions, and religions that started in the same region based on the same God of Abraham all whom have fought over the same area for far too long.

Israel isn't going anywhere, nor are the surrounding states nor Christianity. Humans are either going to have to learn that mixing government and religion are HORRIBLE ways to conduct political diplomacy, NO MATTER WHO is doing it.

Trust me Atlass, I look at America, it's history and how barbaric we were in justifying religious nationalism in horrible things like slavery, genocide of Native Americans, denial of women's rights, black lynchings, segregation, and oppression of LGBT. 

I want better for humans as far as learning how important it is to value neutrality when it comes to government policy and how important it is to value human rights for all.

I think it is up to every human who values non violence, and diplomacy to the point of exhaustion, in all camps, be they atheist, Christian, Jew or Muslim, to demand the world's governments to stop dividing our species.

We don't always have to like each other, or even only always say nice things about each other. But in the end, this is still the only planet we have as a species to live on.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BREAKING: Muslims confronting ISIS terrorist and save Austrian Wounded Cop. WinterHold 18 1226 November 5, 2020 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  There's a social pandemic poisoning Europe: hatred of Muslims WinterHold 23 1321 November 2, 2020 at 10:14 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  "Arab/wearing veil?we have no table for you...". Paris racist restaurant WinterHold 25 3187 May 23, 2018 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The Muslims of Nazareth Don't Get It Minimalist 3 446 December 15, 2017 at 12:48 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Sauasage in a Manger & Muslims in Christmas Advert possibletarian 13 1161 November 15, 2017 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: possibletarian
  Report: British Teen Sex Slaves Fed Into Meat Grinders By Muslims scoobysnack 27 7919 May 22, 2017 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Antifa Writer assaulted by racist Muslims account_inactive 21 2977 September 12, 2016 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: RobertE
  Australian state (ACT) passes blasphemy law to protect Muslims mralstoner 22 4202 August 15, 2016 at 12:29 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Arab Spring Defeated Minimalist 15 1420 July 13, 2016 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Nearly 50% of Democrats believe Christians are a bigger threat to the US than Muslims *Deidre* 38 8168 January 7, 2016 at 1:31 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome