Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Tragedy Of The Humboldt Broncos
The Tragedy Of The Humboldt Broncos
On friday a bus carrying the Humboldt Bronco's a junior Saskatchewan hockey team crashed into sixteen wheeler killing 15 team members and critically injuring 6 others. The youngest of the victims was 16 . The driver of the sixteen wheeler survived and is a key witness . This is a dark day in Canadian hockey and the nation mourns 15 young men who were taken too soon .  Sad

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/a...explainer/
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

RE: The Tragedy Of The Humboldt Broncos
If I understand the Canadian Junior Leagues correctly these kids were not necessarily local but were from all over Canada and staying with local families while on the team, yes?
(April 9, 2018 at 10:19 pm)Minimalist Wrote: If I understand the Canadian Junior Leagues correctly these kids were not necessarily local but were from all over Canada and staying with local families while on the team, yes?
Yup truly awful. 3 of them were from Ottawa.  Sad
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

I suppose I shouldn't have given kudos on this.

Such a shame. Wasted potential and young lives.
Dying to live, living to die.
(April 9, 2018 at 11:49 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I suppose I shouldn't have given kudos on this.

Such a shame.  Wasted potential and young lives.

I gave a kudos because I agree with Tiz - it's a horrific tragedy and it gave me pause when I heard about it.

-Teresa
(April 9, 2018 at 11:13 pm)Tizheruk Wrote:
(April 9, 2018 at 10:19 pm)Minimalist Wrote: If I understand the Canadian Junior Leagues correctly these kids were not necessarily local but were from all over Canada and staying with local families while on the team, yes?
Yup truly awful. 3 of them were from Ottawa.  Sad

It's dreadful.  I'm sure those families feel as if they lost one of their own kids.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA Dance Club fire tragedy vorlon13 22 1902 December 6, 2016 at 2:10 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious