Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I used Uber for the first time today
I used Uber for the first time today
Have you ever used it?

I tend to always tip, no matter what.  

When I arrived at my destination, I gave my rating and I tipped. 

If you have used Uber, how do you decide on how to rate or tip?

For me, my first trip to my interview, I informed the driver it was my first time ever using Uber.  He gave me useful tips regarding the app.  He actually inquired about where I was going and why.  I liked him.  I gave him five stars and tipped him five dollars.

On the trip back home, I had a woman driver.  She was into the environment, she shopped at farmers' markets, and she was kind.  I rated her five stars and I tipped her five dollars.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: I used Uber for the first time today
I use Uber all the friggin time, because I love beer and hate drunk drivers.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(April 11, 2018 at 12:25 am)J a c k Wrote: I use Uber all the friggin time, because I love beer and hate drunk drivers.

I get that people have to use Uber because it is cheaper than a cab. But, they DO undermine labor and paying livable wages.

I agree though, DONT DRIVE DRUNK. Always let someone else drive regardless of the company that you choose or a friend drives you.
(April 11, 2018 at 12:52 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(April 11, 2018 at 12:25 am)J a c k Wrote: I use Uber all the friggin time, because I love beer and hate drunk drivers.

I get that people have to use Uber because it is cheaper than a cab. But, they DO undermine labor and paying livable wages.

I agree though, DONT DRIVE DRUNK. Always let someone else drive regardless of the company that you choose or a friend drives you.

I travel alone most of the tjme. I have no DD. I can’t afford cab prices. Uber is a GREAT alternative and I absolutely recommend it. I rarely use my car in other cities anymore. I either rent a bicycle, or Uber it.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(April 11, 2018 at 12:57 am)J a c k Wrote:
(April 11, 2018 at 12:52 am)Brian37 Wrote: I get that people have to use Uber because it is cheaper than a cab. But, they DO undermine labor and paying livable wages.

I travel alone most of the tjme. I have no DD. I can’t afford cab prices. Uber is a GREAT alternative and I absolutely recommend it. I rarely use my car in other cities anymore. I either rent a bicycle, or Uber it.

Again, I understand cost is why. And I am sure most drivers are pleasant. 

BUT, I have worked in the delivery service industry and those smiles you get don't always mean the person driving you has livable wages. I am sure Uber, like McDonalds has a high turnover rate, and very few of their drivers can live off of that one job.

Companies like that appeal to teens and college kids mostly just like Papa Johns prey's upon teens and college kids to be drivers.  What companies like those WONT tell you is that they also employ workers far older and with families.
I use it occasionally. The last driver was from Cameroon. He lit up like Vegas when I told him that I'd worked in his home country briefly.
I believe in life before death.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How's the weather treating you today? Foxaèr 61 734 1 hour ago
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3654 195591 Yesterday at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1073 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Awfully quiet today. arewethereyet 29 2257 April 9, 2023 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 682 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  First-time, non-violent criminals do not belong in prison. Jehanne 25 1527 August 29, 2022 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1104 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  My uncle died from COVID19 today. Jehanne 17 1086 November 26, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  I heard from Rob today! ReptilianPeon 2 512 March 29, 2020 at 4:36 pm
  Today was a good day...why? arewethereyet 35 3525 March 5, 2020 at 5:14 pm