Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Art Bell died
Art Bell died
http://news3lv.com/news/local/radio-host...hrump-home

Oh well, although I think that his establishment Coast To Coast AM radio is total shit where they really know no boundaries of insanity they'll claim is true, I guess got even worse after he retired, he himself was kind of legend. Compared to what c2c is now Bell seemed to have a dose of sobriety - or maybe not I'm not that well familiar with the whole thing.

He lived somewhat romantic life in the desert where during the night he talked about UFOs for many years when he got rich selling book rights to Roland Emmerich who made that movie "Day After Tomorrow" and Bell could retire to Hawaii, although it says that he died in Nevada.

I guess he also influenced some TV shows like "X Files" and Spielberg 2002 TV show "Taken" where they feature similar radio show that grows into a movement. Although he was not a pioneer in paranormal radio, that was Long John Nabel.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Art Bell died
A character based on him was prominent in "Taken", a SyFy miniseries from 2002.
Curiously, Bell never did a show on the one true alien menace: The Voltones.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I listened to him every night as a kid. Art Bell had a major influence on me being a skeptic, cause when you listen to enough, you realize all the bullshit sounds the same.

I even made it on his show one night when I was maybe 18 and made up an alien abduction story just to talk to him. He took it totally seriously but I had the feeling that he was just going through the motions largely and didn't believe most of what was on his show.

RIP
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Ha! Great story. I mean how is it possible that you lied when you didn't have any financial gain--is an argument that UFO people use to "validate" supposed witnesses.
I guess with Internet there is more skepticism when it comes to paranormal stuff because you can put your beliefs to the test and you have to be really persistent (crazy) to believe in flying saucers, Bermuda Triangle, Loch Ness monster etc.

I mean I remember hearing Kevin Smith once said how he used to watch those stupid documentaries on cable and actually believed them that there is Loch Ness monster, but with the coming of the internet he just debunks those things.

That's how it is with Bell: he gave voice to UFO people and after many years of people trying to find something they just stayed where they were in the first place: nobody has any credible evidence or knows anything about supposed aliens or what is living in Loch Ness and so on.
But also Bell interviewed scientists who actually value his gift for making interesting conversations.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
The "no pay/no play" tactic is stupid. Feeding the ego is all some people are looking for.
Assassinated by Greys, no doubt.
Insomniacs and shift workers are in mourning. Art Bell helped me learn scepticism and recognize blind gullibility. I always had the sense he did not believe the nonsense but he did not let on.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Perhaps he was abducted...
Dying to live, living to die.
. . . and anatomically inverted . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it.