Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rain
The Rain
Sitting here still, watching the rain. There's something about a rainstorm that's calming and comforting. As the water hits the pavement and slickers the grass, it feels like it's instructing me to stay still. There's no rush, I don't need to leave the house. It's okay to do nothing for a moment, or two. The stillness and quiet feels good. I can't hear any cars whizzing by or airplanes in the sky, just the hammering of water droplets falling on my windows and rooftop. I like the sound of rain, and how it drowns out life. Quiets everything and everyone around you, even birds take cover, and you can barely hear their faint chirping in the distance.

The rain stopped a few minutes ago, which means I need to move, get busy, [i]do things[/i]. Be productive. But, for those 30 minutes, the rain let me slow down, and think about everything and nothing, all at once. Until, I only thought of it. How powerful the sky is, and how I'll never really understand clouds.

I hear birds chirping again, and the whirring of airplane engines overhead. Looking outside, the sun is trying to peek through the silver ribbons of clouds, and the cycle of nature begins anew. After rain, comes the sun...and perhaps, a blurry rainbow. In about an hour, the sidewalks will be dry, and it will seem like all of what I'm telling you, never happened at all. But, it did. That's the tricky part about rain. It leaves you with a good story, but maybe only one that you believe.

Heart
RE: The Rain
I love the rain, and the storm from which it comes.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(April 15, 2018 at 5:00 pm)*Deidre* Wrote: Sitting here still, watching the rain. There's something about a rainstorm that's calming and comforting. As the water hits the pavement and slickers the grass, it feels like it's instructing me to stay still. There's no rush, I don't need to leave the house. It's okay to do nothing for a moment, or two. The stillness and quiet feels good. I can't hear any cars whizzing by or airplanes in the sky, just the hammering of water droplets falling on my windows and rooftop. I like the sound of rain, and how it drowns out life. Quiets everything and everyone around you, even birds take cover, and you can barely hear their faint chirping in the distance.

The rain stopped a few minutes ago, which means I need to move, get busy, [i]do things[/i]. Be productive. But, for those 30 minutes, the rain let me slow down, and think about everything and nothing, all at once. Until, I only thought of it. How powerful the sky is, and how I'll never really understand clouds.

I hear birds chirping again, and the whirring of airplane engines overhead. Looking outside, the sun is trying to peek through the silver ribbons of clouds, and the cycle of nature begins anew. After rain, comes the sun...and perhaps, a blurry rainbow. In about an hour, the sidewalks will be dry, and it will seem like all of what I'm telling you, never happened at all. But, it did. That's the tricky part about rain. It leaves you with a good story, but maybe only one that you believe.

Heart

That is all so corny...

What you wrote is beautiful. Sometimes after a storm is a perfect rainbow.  I hope you found your niche in the darkness and continue to move forward.
(April 15, 2018 at 5:17 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: What you wrote is beautiful. Sometimes after a storm is a perfect rainbow.  I hope you found your niche in the darkness and continue to move forward.

A rainbow happens when the sun makes an opposite 22 degree angle towards rain. You would give credit to a fantasy instead of understanding the phenomena-

But I figure you are not after that.
And if you have a treasure and people think it's crap,  you hold on to that treasure. And if you have something worthless, and people think highly of it,  don't attach yourself to it.

You can't convince everyone what you experience is true and what you experienced is meaningful. It belongs to you, that's it a gift you treasure and hold on to from God.
(April 15, 2018 at 5:11 pm)LastPoet Wrote:
(April 15, 2018 at 5:00 pm)*Deidre* Wrote: Sitting here still, watching the rain. There's something about a rainstorm that's calming and comforting. As the water hits the pavement and slickers the grass, it feels like it's instructing me to stay still. There's no rush, I don't need to leave the house. It's okay to do nothing for a moment, or two. The stillness and quiet feels good. I can't hear any cars whizzing by or airplanes in the sky, just the hammering of water droplets falling on my windows and rooftop. I like the sound of rain, and how it drowns out life. Quiets everything and everyone around you, even birds take cover, and you can barely hear their faint chirping in the distance.

Heart

That is all so corny...

You're corny.

(April 15, 2018 at 5:24 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: And if you have a treasure and people think it's crap,  you hold on to that treasure. And if you have something worthless, and people think highly of it,  don't attach yourself to it.

You can't convince everyone what you experience is true and what you experienced is meaningful. It belongs to you, that's it a gift you treasure and hold on to from God.

Yep, just sharing what I go through when it rains.   Heart

(April 15, 2018 at 5:22 pm)LastPoet Wrote:
(April 15, 2018 at 5:17 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: What you wrote is beautiful. Sometimes after a storm is a perfect rainbow.  I hope you found your niche in the darkness and continue to move forward.

A rainbow happens when the sun makes an opposite 22 degree angle towards rain. You would give credit to a fantasy instead of understanding the phenomena-

But I figure you are not after that.

Do you have to make the thread about you? 

I put this in the writing section, not to start arguments that can happen in the other 1249987 threads on here. It's an artistic thing, not a debate thread. lol
(April 15, 2018 at 5:26 pm)*Deidre* Wrote: It's an artistic thing, not a debate thread. lol

I think that maybe my fault. I tend to put an artistic spin to a lot of the debates, they can't even tell the difference anymore. Art or not art: ->  Argue

I looked an old pm from you Deidre.  Remember that true vison is love and true love is vison.  Keep searching, keep moving forward.

We have to believe that God will guide our hearts if we believe in him/her/it.  I believe in your in encounter even though I may differ on your interpretation of it, as I believe in Catholic Lady witnessing miracles, though I don't necessarily follow her interpretation of it.

Don't expect people here to take it seriously, this issue is just fun and games for them. But what you been through is too sacred for it to be belittled and taking for fun.

Humans going down the track of suffering and coming out stronger and clarity after confusion,  well let it be known God gives to those who believe him and those who don't, he gives to both, but the former he exceeds in gifts, and you know the delight and peace you been given, don't let anyone take it away from you.

Guard it and fear losing, for fear appreciates and is the greater aspect of love, for it appreciates to the extent it protects, and only then is hope for more meaningful in love's path.

And I hope God will increase you in guidance, vision and tranquility of blessings.
This was just supposed to be a thread about the rain Big Grin

I hear you though, MK Heart You’re a kind soul.
LP, she's right...
Sometimes you just gotta stop and smell the roses ...not analyse them...
There's a time and a place.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guns n Roses - November Rain. ib.me.ub 3 1256 November 13, 2010 at 8:00 am
Last Post: ib.me.ub