Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IRS website crashed today......
IRS website crashed today......
I was just watching CBS news who did this story, so the link is not that, but a google I did after seeing the story on CBS.

They interviewed a former IRS official about the crash. AND what do you know, basically it was what the sane already knew. LACK OF FUNDING!

THE GOP fucking sucks for anyone but the top. 

https://nypost.com/2018/04/17/irs-websit...-deadline/

So if you filed today online, despite the efforts of the "FUCK YOU I GOT MINE" party, the IRS is offering you an extension.
RE: IRS website crashed today......
"Well make the plank three feet longer for you folks."
(April 17, 2018 at 6:47 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I was just watching CBS news who did this story, so the link is not that, but a google I did after seeing the story on CBS.

They interviewed a former IRS official about the crash. AND what do you know, basically it was what the sane already knew. LACK OF FUNDING!

THE GOP fucking sucks for anyone but the top. 

https://nypost.com/2018/04/17/irs-websit...-deadline/

So if you filed today online, despite the efforts of the "FUCK YOU I GOT MINE" party, the IRS is offering you an extension.

That's actually kind of funny - the agency tasked with collecting taxes is funded by taxes and can't collect taxes because of the massive cut in - wait for it - taxes.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 17, 2018 at 6:48 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: "Well make the plank three feet longer for you folks."

"You folks"?

Seriously, I am sick of society vilifying government. It is made up, at least in the west, politically diverse people, who LITERALLY work side by side desk next to desk. 

Teachers and police and firemen exist in every state and they don't always share the same political views. You don't need a party loyalty oath to serve in the military either. The IRS is no different, and agents exist in every state and are just as politically diverse as any non government employee.

If you want to say, "Nobody likes to pay taxes", I am with you on that, but we have to or else we end up in anarchy or run by rich warlords.

If the FUCKING GOP wouldn't gut funding for everything shit like this would not happen. They pull the same bullshit con on veterans. They promise the world then gut funding to the VA then blame dems when the VA doesn't operate the way it should.

Even in private business, I have always hated the business I have worked for that tell you to do this or that, then bitch at you and blame you when you tell them you don't have the time or resources.
https://www.irs.gov/statistics/irs-budget-and-workforce

Quote:In FY 2017, the IRS used 76,832 full-time equivalent positions in conducting its work, a decrease of 14.9 percent from 2012

When I retired in 2005 there were between 95-100,000 workers. 

But don't take my word for it.  This is the problem which was becoming apparent when I bailed out.  And that was 10 years before the former commissioner said this:

Quote:As a result, the portion of our workforce over 50 years of age has been growing steadily during the last several years. Today more than half of our employees are in that age group. And we estimate that by next year, more than 25 percent of the IRS workforce will be eligible to retire. By 2019, that number will be over 40 percent. Meanwhile, the number of IRS employees under 30 has been steadily declining, and is now less than 3 percent of our workforce. We only have about 1,900 employees under age 30 – and about half of those are only part-time. And we have only 650 employees who are 25 or younger. Essentially, the IRS is facing its own version of the Baby Bust.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/commissione...press-club

So yeah, the republicunts chickens are coming home to roost.
I think Outlook is down right now too.

More than coincidence ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 17, 2018 at 7:31 pm)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.irs.gov/statistics/irs-budget-and-workforce

Quote:In FY 2017, the IRS used 76,832 full-time equivalent positions in conducting its work, a decrease of 14.9 percent from 2012

When I retired in 2005 there were between 95-100,000 workers. 

But don't take my word for it.  This is the problem which was becoming apparent when I bailed out.  And that was 10 years before the former commissioner said this:

Quote:As a result, the portion of our workforce over 50 years of age has been growing steadily during the last several years. Today more than half of our employees are in that age group. And we estimate that by next year, more than 25 percent of the IRS workforce will be eligible to retire. By 2019, that number will be over 40 percent. Meanwhile, the number of IRS employees under 30 has been steadily declining, and is now less than 3 percent of our workforce. We only have about 1,900 employees under age 30 – and about half of those are only part-time. And we have only 650 employees who are 25 or younger. Essentially, the IRS is facing its own version of the Baby Bust.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/commissione...press-club

So yeah, the republicunts chickens are coming home to roost.

Oh no, it goes way back further than that.

I can't begin to tell you since Reagan got elected, to the time, my lifetime teaching mother retired, how increasingly she complained about budget cuts and increase in classroom size.
They are still complaining today but that is generally funded by state and local governments and those, too, have been increasingly subverted by republicunt pricks looking to give tax breaks to rich motherfuckers.
(April 17, 2018 at 7:33 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I think Outlook is down right now too.

More than coincidence ??

Mine was acting up earlier but seems to be fine now. But did have a ransomware threat so I did some cleaning.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 17, 2018 at 6:47 pm)Brian37 Wrote: So if you filed today online, despite the efforts of the "FUCK YOU I GOT MINE" party, the IRS is offering you an extension.

Oddly enough, I happened to file for a tax extension this afternoon. I seem to have happened into an infinite regress.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Motorcade for local marine killed in the evacuation happened today brewer 1 259 September 10, 2021 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Today's Headline: BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1279 April 8, 2021 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Whale sculpture catches crashed Dutch metro train zebo-the-fat 6 280 November 2, 2020 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  POTUS having a really bad day today. Brian37 20 2664 November 20, 2019 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  Leon Redbone dies today! chimp3 5 723 June 2, 2019 at 2:52 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Today in "Sell More And Do Nothing" Brian37 77 4485 April 12, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Today in "Sell more and do nothing" Brian37 29 2552 November 22, 2018 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Donald Trump shuts down EPA's climate change website. Jehanne 6 822 November 4, 2018 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Today's Mass Shooting Minimalist 55 4310 October 28, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Another Serial Rapist Caught Via a DNA Website Seraphina 14 955 September 29, 2018 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: Fireball