Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 9:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Jesus ever sin?
Did Jesus ever sin?
Did Jesus ever Sin?

I'm reading lots of conflicting (and highly entertaining) opinions on other forums...

Was he a mere mortal man?
Was he was a half man/half God like Hercules?
Was he a full God in an earthly body?

One poster
Quote:What must also be understood is that the purpose of His coming was to live a sinless life. If He does not live without sin, His coming to earth is a failure. Those who trust the Bible record, then, acknowledge that Jesus was without sin.
There is no argument to make by speculation of what Jesus may or may not have done apart from Scripture. One cannot use the Bible to establish Jesus coming to earth and then use the same Bible to deny what the Bible says about Him.

and another
Quote:Hebrews 4:15 King James Version
This will explain everything to the unintelligent people who don't know how to read the bible. Jesus never sinned and this proves it. "For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin." Hebrews 4:15 KJV

and this last nugget of wisdom
Quote:So, Jesus IS the Son of God, but he wasn't Divine when he was born. Therefore, he is capable to sin. By his teenage years, he hasn't realized yet that he was the Son of God until his 20s. By then, he committed sinful acts. He even is associated with Mary Magdalene as a lover. So, there's no doubt he have sinned by then.

This last one got me laughing. The dude thinks the bible is a fucking Almanac/World Book Encyclopaedia! lol I'm impressed! So much rich priceless detail !
Dodgy

Since we know that opinions are like a-holes, it'll be best to hear from the experts, who you can trust, right?
Theists? Your thoughts? what say about your man Jayjay?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Did Jesus ever sin?
Total mortal man who did natural things that silly religious people consider sinful.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Jesus said not to call people 'fools':

Matthew 5:22 - 'but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.'

Jesus calls people 'fools': 

Matthew 23:17 - 'Ye fools and blind.'

Jesus sinned.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Jesus figure doesn't matter for the most part because all average people want is to get "magical carrot" and avoid "magical stick".
There is that o'l bearing false witness chestnut.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
He disobeyed his parents by preaching in the temple when he was a child, which violates the 10 commandments. I always wonder why it doesn't get more attention, seems like an explicit sin.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Does being part of the Trinity Himself (and being present continuously throughout His own childhood) absolve God of child abandonment/neglect charges, or do the charges apply to Jesus also ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

If not then he didn't really sign on for the full human experience, did he?
When asked about which 10 Commandments to follow, He omitted a few. Probably torqued off Moses there a bit . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Being an arms monger might be sinful in some eyes:

Luke 22 (KJV)
36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.
38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Jesus want to create a poli-theism religion? Eclectic 83 6180 December 18, 2022 at 7:54 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  "Hate the sin, not the sinner" is such a logical fallacy Woah0 7 960 September 7, 2022 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Did Jesus drink wine or grape juice? Dundee 68 5235 November 27, 2020 at 6:26 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Homosexuality no longer a sin Foxaèr 155 19716 June 20, 2018 at 5:34 am
Last Post: robvalue
  There Is No Sin! chimp3 236 34054 April 21, 2018 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Why as an Atheist I Cannot Sin Rhondazvous 35 7991 September 17, 2017 at 7:42 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Did you know the movies God's Not Dead 1 and 2 did well at Box Office? Renug 12 4455 May 30, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Adam's Sin -- Independence and Revellion InteresedUser 24 8363 May 27, 2017 at 11:30 am
Last Post: chimp3
  The stupidity of sin robvalue 164 22127 October 14, 2016 at 7:32 am
  Did Jesus exist at all? Hoppingbunny 158 14369 May 17, 2016 at 5:23 am