Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marijuana becoming legal little by little: the bitter victory
Marijuana becoming legal little by little: the bitter victory
One bitter victory, it came after so long. Read this first:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/what-t...2018-04-24

Quote:Fortunes may be made in legal cannabis over the coming years. As a result, bullish sentiment is building on cannabis stocks both for recreational and medicinal uses.
Adding to the bullish sentiment is the first-ever cannabis-based medicine to get a favorable recommendation from an advisory panel to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This is a big win for cannabis.
The drug, a syrup called Epidiolex, is from GW Pharmaceuticals GWPH, -0.80% GW2A, +0.00%  to treat childhood epilepsy. The medicine doesn’t have any psychoactive effects.

Now; I would like to tell the parents and the "religious figures" along with the governments' slaves; what was your fight against marijuana is about in the previous decades; really?

You doomed your children with cigarette addiction and favored tobacco over weed; just to escape the hammer of society. You created the stereotype that marijuana users are "retarded pot-heads" while cigarette smokers are "meh..it kills..but it's better than drugs".

Just to smile Smile

If you are a strict, by the book parent, a stereotype, do you realize the hypocrisy you raised your kids to? you're a hypocrite scared gimp who exchanged  "natural plant=marijuana" with "chemical waste=cigarettes". How many kids with epilepsy lost their chance of having some relief because of you; and how many people with Multiple Sclerosis -like me- are cursing you everyday for you being the number 1 cause of the plant's prohibition in the previous years?

If you are religious, and used your religion to justify this prohibition, watch me puff its smoke in your face when it's legal.
I'll pass it to you, too

It's a victory. Bitter; but a victory.
RE: Marijuana becoming legal little by little: the bitter victory
(April 25, 2018 at 4:57 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: [...]
If you are a strict, by the book parent, a stereotype, do you realize the hypocrisy you raised your kids to? you're a hypocrite scared gimp who exchanged  "natural plant=marijuana" with "chemical waste=cigarettes". [...]

LOL... You do realize, that tobacco is a "natural plant" as well, right? Not saying, that cigarettes are good, but "arguments" like this won't help making the "retarded pot-head" stereotype go away.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(April 25, 2018 at 5:52 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(April 25, 2018 at 4:57 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: [...]
If you are a strict, by the book parent, a stereotype, do you realize the hypocrisy you raised your kids to? you're a hypocrite scared gimp who exchanged  "natural plant=marijuana" with "chemical waste=cigarettes". [...]

LOL... You do realize, that tobacco is a "natural plant" as well, right? Not saying, that cigarettes are good, but "arguments" like this won't help making the "retarded pot-head" stereotype go away.

The contents of cigarettes/ chewing tobacco are enough to poison a whole population.
Just for the record; nicotine is the least of your problems when you smoke: TAR and CO2 are your main concerns.
(April 25, 2018 at 6:45 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: The contents of cigarettes/ chewing tobacco are enough to poison a whole population.
Just for the record; nicotine is the least of your problems when you smoke: TAR and CO2 are your main concerns.

None of that changes the fact, that tobacco is a "natural plant". Just because something is "natural" doesn't make it good for you.

Also - tar and CO2 are present in cannabis smoke. Generally, inhaling smoke - bad idea.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(April 25, 2018 at 6:50 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(April 25, 2018 at 6:45 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: The contents of cigarettes/ chewing tobacco are enough to poison a whole population.

None of that changes the fact, that tobacco is a "natural plant". Just because something is "natural" doesn't make it good for you.

Also - tar and CO2 are present in cannabis smoke. Generally, inhaling smoke - bad idea.

Unless you have multiple sclerosis, epilepsy or Parkinson's disease.
Generally, it's then a very good idea.
It is a shame so many people have been, and still are, going to jail just for possessing weed.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

How else are we supposed to find enough human chattel to make prisons turn a profit?  Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 25, 2018 at 4:57 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: If you are a strict, by the book parent, a stereotype, do you realize the hypocrisy you raised your kids to? you're a hypocrite scared gimp who exchanged  "natural plant=marijuana" with "chemical waste=cigarettes".

Er, what about the strict parents who advised their kids against both pot AND cigarettes?

Quote:If you are religious, and used your religion to justify this prohibition, watch me puff its smoke in your face when it's legal.
I'll pass it to you, too

I believe that most places legalizing it are only doing so for private consumption. You still can't just light up wherever.
(April 25, 2018 at 7:01 am)Little lunch Wrote: Unless you have multiple sclerosis, epilepsy or Parkinson's disease.
Generally, it's then a very good idea.

Well, no. Cannabis edibles are a very good idea. Vaporizer is a good idea. Smoking is probably the worst way to do it. Except for jagged, fist-sized THC suppositories, I guess...
(April 25, 2018 at 7:32 am)alpha male Wrote: I believe that most places legalizing it are only doing so for private consumption. You still can't just light up wherever.

Also applies to tobacco here. Can't light up indoors unless there is a proper space with ventilation. Heh, being a smoker no qualms with that and I enjoy tobacco better outside.

As for the drug itself, lel, the weakest of them all. Alcohol comes to mind as way more destructive and yet legal. Hell, xanax or prozac are worse. Imo making it legal would give some tax revenue back, instead spendin on a losing war to wich all the revenue goes with greater profit to the big dealers, at a risk sure, but what a business venture is out of risk these days.

I don't agree with heroin. That is a bad mistress. And I know a bit about the subject. Or Meth, but never tried that one. Never liked the uppers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Biden's Victory Speech onlinebiker 45 2945 September 1, 2021 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Is this debate about legal vs illegal immigration or white vs brown immigrants? Aegon 66 5246 August 25, 2019 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Another antiabortion victory? brewer 14 1090 May 30, 2018 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Victory! Minimalist 3 319 May 6, 2018 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  U2 chooses legal abortion over Christianity Foxaèr 11 1614 May 5, 2018 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  And Another Legal Front Opens Against The WLB Minimalist 2 455 March 28, 2018 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Things Becoming Less Murky Minimalist 34 9463 July 1, 2017 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Atheists becoming less unpopular? Jehanne 103 20719 April 20, 2017 at 8:42 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Gun death becoming like diarrhea SERIOUS.... Brian37 4 1206 July 11, 2016 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  A Minor Victory For Sanity Minimalist 4 432 June 16, 2016 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: vorlon13