Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Valley Of The Kings......
The Valley Of The Kings......
Just watching a travel show on PBS about Ancient Egypt. 

It re confirms the bullshit that an afterlife exists, FOR ANY religion. Out of all the artwork in antiquity that is appealing to me and I love looking at, the ancient Egyptians are my favorite to look at. But, none of all the massive and beautiful artwork and tombs made their god/s real.

Even in modern day, if one is on their deathbed worried about all the crap they collected in their lives, antiquity really is proof you cant take it with you. 

I don't think any artwork, religious or secular should be destroyed. It is still part of our species history. But, to all those whom still hold religions such as Christianity, or Jewish or Islam or Buddhism or Hinduism, it merely bothers me, that our species doesn't see that all those bad guesses, while they produced great artwork and displayed human creativity, are still seen as true and relevant knowing our modern progress.

It IS and always will be important to keep the history of our species around. But, please do not try to argue you, as a believer, of any religion have some proof of an afterlife when modern understanding of human biology and our modern knowledge that all life dies and is finite.

I don't want any Church or Mosque or Synagogue or Hindu or Buddhist temple destroyed. But lets not pretend the claims of antiquity are on par with our modern understanding of nature, or universe.
RE: The Valley Of The Kings......
Quote:I don't want any Church or Mosque or Synagogue or Hindu or Buddhist temple destroyed.

No.... well some of them would be no loss.....

[Image: 26859955-pioneer-church-now-sits-derelic...airie-.jpg]

But others could be converted to more useful purposes.

Like, say, marijuana dispensaries.
Brothels.
(April 25, 2018 at 3:25 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:I don't want any Church or Mosque or Synagogue or Hindu or Buddhist temple destroyed.

No.... well some of them would be no loss.....

[Image: 26859955-pioneer-church-now-sits-derelic...airie-.jpg]

But others could be converted to more useful purposes.

Like, say, marijuana dispensaries.

Not as big sure, but I am sure even some atheist who accept that as a monument to nonsense like the style of it.

I don't get Christian artwork one bit. But I am sure you can find an atheist who likes the "Little House On The Prairie " motif.

Oh but there are former churches that have been turned into businesses. I have one near where I live that is a European restaurant now. I also know an atheist couple that lives in a former Church.
I love the irony of that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Tomb Detected in the Valley of The Kings Minimalist 22 2678 July 22, 2017 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist