Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PZ Meyers Thread
PZ Meyers Thread
Post and talk about your favorite (or not) PZ Meyers debate, lecture, or blog (Pharyngula)! I start with religion as tapeworm analogy:

God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: PZ Meyers Thread
The Courtier’s Reply

Was Meyers brilliant response to the claims of theologians that Richard Dawkins criticism of religious belief is invalid due to his lack of understanding of sophisticated theology. Satire at its best.

Quote:I have considered the impudent accusations of Mr Dawkins with exasperation at his lack of serious scholarship. He has apparently not read the detailed discourses of Count Roderigo of Seville on the exquisite and exotic leathers of the Emperor’s boots, nor does he give a moment’s consideration to Bellini’s masterwork, On the Luminescence of the Emperor’s Feathered Hat. We have entire schools dedicated to writing learned treatises on the beauty of the Emperor’s raiment, and every major newspaper runs a section dedicated to imperial fashion; Dawkins cavalierly dismisses them all. He even laughs at the highly popular and most persuasive arguments of his fellow countryman, Lord D. T. Mawkscribbler, who famously pointed out that the Emperor would not wear common cotton, nor uncomfortable polyester, but must, I say must, wear undergarments of the finest silk.
Dawkins arrogantly ignores all these deep philosophical ponderings to crudely accuse the Emperor of nudity.
Personally, I suspect that perhaps the Emperor might not be fully clothed — how else to explain the apparent sloth of the staff at the palace laundry — but, well, everyone else does seem to go on about his clothes, and this Dawkins fellow is such a rude upstart who lacks the wit of my elegant circumlocutions, that, while unable to deal with the substance of his accusations, I should at least chide him for his very bad form.
Until Dawkins has trained in the shops of Paris and Milan, until he has learned to tell the difference between a ruffled flounce and a puffy pantaloon, we should all pretend he has not spoken out against the Emperor’s taste. His training in biology may give him the ability to recognize dangling genitalia when he sees it, but it has not taught him the proper appreciation of Imaginary Fabrics.

..."how else to explain the apparent sloth of the staff at the palace laundry..." Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
PZ Myers puts creationist in his place, teaches biology, and drinks scotch with the Scottish:

God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

I didn't even know he was still around?