Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Percentage completed on a game
Percentage completed on a game
I'm not sure how it works on other systems, but for the PS it shows the percentage you have completed of the game.

Even with DAI, I only got around as high as 89%. Right now, I'm at 24% with HZD.

How do you reconcile having completed a game and seeing that percentage? Does it bother you?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Percentage completed on a game
Nah, doesn't bother me.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Some PC gamers are anal about it and restart the game to try to get 100%.
Many times it's just a glitch in the game ...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(April 27, 2018 at 6:11 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: I'm not sure how it works on other systems, but for the PS it shows the percentage you have completed of the game.

Even with DAI, I only got around as high as 89%.  Right now, I'm at 24% with HZD.

How do you reconcile having completed a game and seeing that percentage?  Does it bother you?

I couldn't possibly give a sh*t. I play games for fun, not for some sort of sense of accomplishment. I usually don't care much about stories in games either. Many of my favorite games I never even finished. When I like a game, I play around with its mechanics and environments until I get bored, then move on. The game's not going to tell me how much time and effort I'm supposed to devote to it. That would be work and I already have a job...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(April 27, 2018 at 6:11 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: I'm not sure how it works on other systems, but for the PS it shows the percentage you have completed of the game.

Even with DAI, I only got around as high as 89%. Right now, I'm at 24% with HZD.

How do you reconcile having completed a game and seeing that percentage? Does it bother you?

Often games have little side missions or perhaps thing to find, that last 20~10 percent takes a disproportionate amount of time. You may finish the final level or mission and see the credits only to find you are well short of the 100% target.

I remember wanting to complete GTA4 ( i fell well short even after completing story mode) and after looking at the website to find every little thing you should do managed to complete it. Never again though, just takes too long for so little satisfaction.
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
Sometimes I’ll try and get everything complete.

Often it will be on RPGs where I like to complete everything anyway regardless of the % completion just because that’s what I like to do.

On my PS4 currently my 100% completions are shadow of mordor, ff10,12 and 15 and both destiny games.

Most of the time though I can’t be bothered. If I get bored with a game I’ll put it down until I want to play it again down the line.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Even with DAI, I only got around as high as 89%.  Right now, I'm at 24% with HZD.

How do you reconcile having completed a game and seeing that percentage?  Does it bother you?

I care more about the trophies than the percentage. Getting that platinum is all I care about. I am 2 trophies away from TW3 platinum but I've put about 300 hours into it and I literally can't stomach any more. Feels like a grind. It's all the more frustrating because the trophies I need to get are incredibly easy, they just require me to go through the story again to get to a certain point and do certain quests a certain way.
(April 28, 2018 at 10:03 am)Napoléon Wrote:

I care more about the trophies than the percentage. Getting that platinum is all I care about. I am 2 trophies away from TW3 platinum but I've put about 300 hours into it and I literally can't stomach any more. Feels like a grind. It's all the more frustrating because the trophies I need to get are incredibly easy, they just require me to go through the story again to get to a certain point and do certain quests a certain way.

Yes that's another thing. Some of the trophy's are beyond reach after certain levels in many games. If you miss them you cannot get 100% (on that playing of the game anyway)
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'