Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 9:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fanfictions
Fanfictions
I have never read a single book voluntarily until I found this site - https://www.fanfiction.net. Now I have read thousands of pages about my favorite movies and games. Like Walking Dead x Harry Potter crossovers. Crossover is an awesome genre.
RE: Fanfictions
I've never seriously looked into fan fiction.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I came across some Harry Potter "erotic" fan fiction years ago. There is not enough brain bleach.
(May 3, 2018 at 2:42 pm)Kit Wrote: I've never seriously looked into fan fiction.

You're not missing much. There's an occasional rough diamond to be found, but much like real life mining, you have to sift tons of dreck to find each one.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
This thread does remind me of Tina on Bob's Burgers, though. She's always going on about the fanfiction she writes.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I  love fucking weird fanfiction. I once spent a summer dissecting a strange story called Naruto Veangance Revelaitons. It was allegedly written by a 13-year-old boy from Orange County who seemed to outdo the Marquis de Sade and A Serbian Film in how horrible he can make sex.

Here's a cliff notes of what's wrong with it:

In short, it's a book where a monstrosity fucks his mother, his newborn daughter, and the Naruto character who is somehow identical to both of them. It's about as long as the first Harry Potter book and far less readable. The thing was booted off FF.net and was reposted on Blogspot here. (naturally, not safe for work or mental health)

And it turns out the real author is called SoSugoi, and is a lot saner than one might expect. Before that happened, I dissected all 70 chapters on Deviantart under the name Rickersnary. It's available, although you may need to create your own login ID to read it. Apparently, according to the author, I got more references than any of the other people who tried reading/MSTing/translating it.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I occasionally find something actually worth reading there but by and large, there's a good reason these people aren't professional authors.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(May 3, 2018 at 8:05 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: I occasionally find something actually worth reading there but by and large, there's a good reason these people aren't professional authors.

Stugeon’s Law: 90% of everything is crap.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I will always remember the dialogue between Sam and Dean from Supernatural when they encountered fanfiction about the Supernatural books.

Paraphrased, of course.

*Sam reads a section of one with strong gay overtones between them*

Dean, "They do know we're brothers?"

Sam, "It doesn't seem to matter!"
Dying to live, living to die.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11115934/1/...-of-Angmar

This fic is at the top in it's category. Looks very promising.