Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi!!
Hi!!
Hey! Smile I'm obviously new!
My name is Crys [pronounced like Chris] and I typed in "athiest forums" on Google to find out more, so maybe I could talk to people who wouldn't criticize me for not believing fully in God [I guess I believe in a higher power, just not this very second, I'm 'caught in between' believing and not believing right now, sorry if you don't want people like that on here, i can leave]
Hmm yeah, so, I love fried chicken, my favorite colors are blue and black, I have a family from the south on my dad's side, they're quite awesome. I speak English [duh] and some Spanish Big Grin
I'm fairly happy for an emo, one cut can last me a couple days, its almost like I'm high after I cut xP
Tiger <-- that tiger is adorable, just to letchya know
I still go to church (by parental force kinda) everyone in my youth group sunday school class stares at me after the teacher has read somethign from the Bible because I have a lot of questions that most say are stupid but I'm just a doubting person who is gullible, kinda contradicting I know.
I love to write, and read. I like to be by myself with the conviences of modern life, so I'm kinda a recluse, my favorite place to be is locked in my room ;D

SOOOOOOO yeah, that's the basics about me Smile
Quote:Man created God in his image : intolerant, sexist, homophobic and violent.
-Marie
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNtbxRy08cXQuWmdFyEan...LqwiT2zfPg]
RE: Hi!!
Quote:so maybe I could talk to people who wouldn't criticize me for not believing fully in God

Criticize????

Not around here, laddie!
Oh yay, we have another masochist! Welcome, welcome! Have you ever tried BDSM? It is a much better outlet than cutting yourself. But to each his own, I suppose.
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
Never got into cutting, myself. I'm not that into pain.

Welcome to the forums... I'm new myself.
(December 1, 2010 at 3:06 pm)technophobe Wrote: Never got into cutting, myself. I'm not that into pain.

Welcome to the forums... I'm new myself.

Glad to see you! Oh, I mean read you!
The world is a dangerous place to live - not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
- Albert Einstein
I haven't had an excuse to use the animals in my post yet so...

TigerCatGiraffeHedgehogMouseDog BoneDogSkunkRaccoon

I AM MAD.

And welcome. I'm fairly new here myself.
"Faith is about taking a comforting, childlike view of a disturbing and complicated world." ~ Edward Current

[Image: Invisible_Pink_Unicorn_by_stampystampy.gif] [Image: 91b7ba0967f80c8c43c58fdf3fa0571a.gif] [Image: Secular_Humanist_by_MaruLovesStamps.gif]
(December 1, 2010 at 12:25 pm)xX♥EmoKid♥Xx Wrote: Hey! Smile I'm obviously new!
My name is Crys [pronounced like Chris] and I typed in "athiest forums" on Google to find out more, so maybe I could talk to people who wouldn't criticize me for not believing fully in God [I guess I believe in a higher power, just not this very second, I'm 'caught in between' believing and not believing right now, sorry if you don't want people like that on here, i can leave]
Hmm yeah, so, I love fried chicken, my favorite colors are blue and black, I have a family from the south on my dad's side, they're quite awesome. I speak English [duh] and some Spanish Big Grin
I'm fairly happy for an emo, one cut can last me a couple days, its almost like I'm high after I cut xP
Tiger <-- that tiger is adorable, just to letchya know
I still go to church (by parental force kinda) everyone in my youth group sunday school class stares at me after the teacher has read somethign from the Bible because I have a lot of questions that most say are stupid but I'm just a doubting person who is gullible, kinda contradicting I know.
I love to write, and read. I like to be by myself with the conviences of modern life, so I'm kinda a recluse, my favorite place to be is locked in my room ;D

SOOOOOOO yeah, that's the basics about me Smile

Hi EmoKid, welcome

You are more than welcome here, hell we tolerate a young earth creationist reformed Christian being on here. Smile

When it comes to asking lots of questions to preachers and ministers of "god's word" in my limited experience, it is not too "socially appropriate". Because the other Christians think you are a smart arse and the preacher or minister of "god's word" can get annoyed, because they expect those they are teaching to nod their head like sheep.
undefined
Welcome to the forums and happy posting.

(December 1, 2010 at 12:27 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:so maybe I could talk to people who wouldn't criticize me for not believing fully in God
Criticize????
Not around here, laddie!
No because there's never any criticism around here Tongue But seriously EmoKid, you're more likely to get flack for cutting yourself around here than not believing in God, welcome.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Welcome!
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(December 2, 2010 at 4:40 am)tackattack Wrote: But seriously EmoKid, you're more likely to get flack for cutting yourself around here than not believing in God, welcome.

Giggled a little at that. That's the first time you caused me to giggle, Tack. Big Grin
I know this goth-girl who has not only opened her legs to every guy in town but has gotten herself pregnant three times by three guys. She shaved her hair off and kept cutting herself. Then she ended up in a mental institution. Every now and again I see her go by looking like a complete mess. I slap myself silly everytime I remember that I had oral sex with her before. What was I thinking?
ROFLOL
Fucking mental she is. And I thought theists were the most insane. Tongue

Quote:Because the other Christians think you are a smart arse and the preacher or minister of "god's word" can get annoyed, because they expect those they are teaching to nod their head like sheep.
They don't like open minds. They fear those who have the ability to step back and really question things independently. It's easy to herd sheep because they're dumb, it's near impossible to herd someone who's smarter than you. Can't herd someone who thinks independently. Why else do they try and keep people from questioning? And attacking those who do question. Trying to keep the leash on you in other words.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.