Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction?
Introduction?
There are some here who know me, but I'm sure there are those who don't.

I am not sure about the conversion or de-conversion part of this but rest assured I am not typical.

I confess I am not an Atheist, but some say I'm not Christian either, I probably fall in-between both.

I will say I am a Mental Health Professional and I have seen the tragedies that religion can do to people. I also do research in the mental health field with my latest project was on cognitive behavior therapy in a correctional institution, yes a prison with hard core inmates.

Prior to doing what I am doing now I was in the computer field, a VAR, and enjoyed that career until I got bored.

I joined an online community with AT&T community back in 2001 and just left Insightbb today. I hope this new home will be enjoyable and enlightening. I hope none of the idiots from insight find this place and if they do I hope they get kicked quickly.

Thanks.

RE: Introduction?
So do you believe in God one day and not the next, etc?
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
RE: Introduction?
(December 1, 2010 at 9:50 pm)chasm Wrote: So do you believe in God one day and not the next, etc?

I didn't say that, I am not sure if there is one or not. So I go day by day with the idea that we make our own destiny, the bible is a good book of stories that might have some historical inferences but drama was added for effect, and if there is no hell there can't be no heaven. Organized religion is no different than organized crime.

Hope that explains a little bit.